Looking for Closed loop advise

gsedlack

I am planning on doing a little upgrade from a non-drilled glass 125gal to a used 215 Acrylic tank. The lack of a sand bed and limited aquascaping options led me in this direction. I also hope to move further into SPS with little or no fish addition. I want to use a closed loop for circulation by drilling holes into the aquarium back.

I have thought about using 4x1" outputs and 1 2" input and a Reeflo Dart. I might add a OceansMotion at some point but I would likely start with equal flow to all.

Additional flow would be from the return connected to a 1" sea swirl.

Does anyone have an opinion to layout or plumbing advise, or perhaps a pic of their closed loop?

TIA /George

Take a gander though this thread, there were a lot of good ideas here and a couple... not so much. We ended up going another route but it was a lot of fun and almost worked just too much cavitation

http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?show...c=15962&hl=

I have thought about using 4x1" outputs and 1 2" input and a Reeflo Dart. I might add a OceansMotion at some point but I would likely start with equal flow to all.

Additional flow would be from the return connected to a 1" sea swirl.

That will not be nearly enough flow for a sps tank, especially with equal, static flow. Two of those CL setups w/ oceansmotions will work. That is what DaveS is doing with a similar sized tank.

I'd also suggest using two 1" intakes and merging them into one. Easier to hide and can help bring some flow behind the rocks. also, not as strong of a suction through each of them so less of a chance of something getting stuck.