Metric PVC?

droyal1110

Hello, I have an octopus NW Recirc 150 skimmer and my current problem is getting the skimmer to fit in the stand. Right now the skimmer fits perfectly, correct with, length, height, however, the output of the skimmer it too short to reach over the wall of my sump. I didn't design the skimmer to sit in the sump and its really not an option with the height limit. I was wondering if anyone knows the size of metric PVC these skimmers use and where I can get metric pvc.

Thanks!

I have the same skimmer. I couldn't find a PVC size to fit it anywhere when I installed it. What I did was get a 1 inch union and sand one side of it down using a sheet of fine grit sand paper. I basically wrapped the sand paper around the union and kept spinning it until it would fit inside the elbow that came with the skimmer. Then glued it in place and ran a 1 inch pipe out of it. It didn't take much sanding to make it fit.

You could try this site. They may have something that works:

www.mcmaster.com

Its like home depot to the 10th power. Their shipping has always been remarkably fast as well. I can't help you with the size.

Edited by dmehfoud

Thanks guys.

Stephen, did you sand the union or the actual pipe? My setup currently has a union with the metric pvc, are you saying glue 1" pvc as normal just sand the regular white union to fit the metric?

I sanded the outside half of one 1 inch union. I placed this in one of the elbows that came with the skimmer. Then placed a normal 1 inch pipe into the union and ran that to the sump. I glued the 1 inch union into the metric elbow.