decapsulating brine shrimp eggs

I have read several places now that suggest decapsulating brine shrimp eggs when using to feed baby fish, as the egg shell can cause gut obstruction and other problems.   Does anyone go to the trouble to do this?  I normally don't worry about it when feeding the whole tank, but am a little concerned about the fry I am going to make a run at in a couple weeks.  Also, will I need to have several cultures going at the same time but staggered a day apart?

Michael,

I assume you want to decapsulate the egg first then hatched them later to feed the fry.  I have never done it. Let me know how it goes.  I wish there are vendors who sell hatchable decapsulated eggs.

Bob

They are available from Aquatic eco I believe is where I saw them, but they are bottled and stored in a liquid it looks like, which makes me wonder how long they last.  Also, very expensive.  Good thing is that they have pretty good instructions in the catalog on how to do it with household bleach.  There is one kinda special piece of equipment that you need, being a stirplate.....I might happen to have a small one that would be perfect for this if you are interested in it.  I will give it a go sometime soon and let you know how it goes.  

Other thing I am interested in is what is the best brand of brine shrimp eggs to get?  OSI?  San Fran Brine shrimp?  Or the ones from the great salt lake?  I thought I had read that the San Fran ones are more nutritous???

I have some small vials, but suspect I will blow through those in no time.  Not sure I plan to do this with any regularity, though, so don't want to spend a lot on a coffee can of them....  

JohnC was supposed to get the low down from his father on the ultimate way to hatch Brine shrimp...Maybe he will pop in and tag it onto this thread (hint hint).

Michael

I have a small bottle I think it is 4 oz.  I used it for about 2 years now.  They last a long time.  I have a sealed 16 oz. can of SF brand eggs but it also says it is from SaltLake.  I am still debating if I should open it and sell it to other people in small quantity.  It probably last me for 10 years.

The instructions I have read did not involve a stirplate.  It is nice to have I guess.