LFS in West VA?

Supreme Reefs

I've been looking for the same thing. If you find any let me know. I live in Charles Town and the closest store to us is Mr. Coral and Rick's Fish/Pet Supply in Frederick. There used to be two stores in/around Charles Town, but they both went out of business. I'm not sure the market for aquaria is very strong around here.

I've been looking for the same thing. If you find any let me know. I live in Charles Town and the closest store to us is Mr. Coral and Rick's Fish/Pet Supply in Frederick. There used to be two stores in/around Charles Town, but they both went out of business. I'm not sure the market for aquaria is very strong around here.

Howdy neighbor,

I went out to Winchester Pet Aquarium last weekend, and while I wasn't impressed with their corals at all, they do have some very well kept fish. Didn't get a chance to speak to anyone there, but they do have what looks to be a huge prop tank in the works.

http://www.petcenteronline.com/cgi-bin/scart/smartcart.pl

Howdy neighbor,

I went out to Winchester Pet Aquarium last weekend, and while I wasn't impressed with their corals at all, they do have some very well kept fish. Didn't get a chance to speak to anyone there, but they do have what looks to be a huge prop tank in the works.

http://www.petcenteronline.com/cgi-bin/scart/smartcart.pl

i always go to the Winchester Aquarium becuase its closest to me, they dont have a good selection of corals now but they want to start selling more. they are nice and helpful but if you want corals you would be better off going to northern VA

thanks for the responses

im just going there for a weekend... i thought i heard somewhere west va had some stores :/ still havent found any though

thanks for the responses

im just going there for a weekend... i thought i heard somewhere west va had some stores :/ still havent found any though

Carters aquarium closed in the last couple of months, but it was horrible. Wonder why?

Fins and Feathers in downtown Charles town also closed, as the owner sold it about 5 months ago, and new owner didn't have a clue how to run a store, although I hear they plan to open it again in another spot somewhere. [i actually picked up about 80lbs of live rock for $50 from there.

:biggrin:

You must have been right in front of me. I went in there to get some of the rock, but she told me it was gone. Was the place in Ranson called Carter Aquarium? I couldn't remember the name.

the owner sold it about 5 months ago, and new owner didn't have a clue how to run a store, although I hear they plan to open it again in another spot somewhere.

Yeah, the poor lady I talked to had just suffered some sort of flood in the basement where they kept the saltwater stuff. I must've been right behind you!

A good rule of thumb is this: If you can't get drunk off of it, smoke it, light it on fire or fry it in grease, it ain't got much of a market in WVa...

Edited by MisterTang