Drew's dosing pumps

Bob

Does anybody in WAMAS use Drew's dosing pumps sold by Bulk Reef Supply? I have just ordered two to dose ALK and CA. I was just curious about your experience and results. After much reading these seem to be a "better" choice based on reliability and cost.

I think the harder part is finding the correct digital timers.....LOL probably cost much more than the pin type timers.

What is your dose in ml. per minute of time? How long do the perstalic (spelling) hoses last? Any other information you feel would be beneficial would be much appreciated.

Bob :blink:

I bought the same set up for Ca, Alk and Mag with the pumps. Works perfectly. I also bought the digital timers which also work perfectly. The nice thing about the digital timers; they are battery backed-up so if you have a power failure they keep on working.

I would get the larger containers for the mix. They offer the 2.5gal containers, buy them. Depending on the Ca draw of your tank, it will keep you from mixing up new solutions more often.

Does anybody in WAMAS use Drew's dosing pumps sold by Bulk Reef Supply? I have just ordered two to dose ALK and CA. I was just curious about your experience and results. After much reading these seem to be a "better" choice based on reliability and cost.

I think the harder part is finding the correct digital timers.....LOL probably cost much more than the pin type timers.

What is your dose in ml. per minute of time? How long do the perstalic (spelling) hoses last? Any other information you feel would be beneficial would be much appreciated.

Bob :blink:

I use them for alk and ca and wouldn't have it any other way. They're very reliable so far, keeping my alk and ca accurate to within the+/- 1 to 2 resolution bars of accuracy on the salifert test kits I use.

It does say to calibrate them before use, and I did, but found that they were accurate enough to use the 1.6ml/min reference for all my calculations. I have them hooked up to a ACIII and dose alk 5 times a day in 1/5 does amounts, and then 1 huge does of ca.

You should be pretty happy with them!