Fin & Feathers visit

Bob

I stopped by Fin & Feathers yesterday on my monthly (or so) visit to the southern regions and was very impressed with Seans collections of zoas and corals. It seems it is still a build in process as he dismantles the fresh water section. It is always nice when you visit and find lots of colorful stock available for sale. I bought a really pretty "Blueberry" Gorgonian that Sean says is fairly hearty.......I hope so, this is a really pretty light blue color and very vibrant and healthy looking.

Bob :clap:

Not to be a pessimist, but the "blueberry" gorgonian is likely non-photosynthetic. Yes, it is hardy in the short term as they can tolerate sub-optimal water quality, but they need to be fed like all other non-photosynthetic corals to survive long-term. Maybe it's not though, can you post a photo?

Sure, I will post a picture when I can get to it in a week or less. Yes, I believe it is a non photosynthetic gorgonian. I got some micro food and have some oyster eggs that I will be feeding I guess about 2 times per week.

Bob

Thanks Bob!! Yes, the blueberry gorgonians are non photsynthetic filter feeders. We usually tank them for about 2-3 weeks before they are for sale, Bob you caught them in their 5th week here i believe. Not hardy like a toadstool, but compared to gorgonians like the yellow and red ones you see elsewhere it is much sturdier. Just remember to target feed it 2-3x a weeks when the polyps are opened and it'll do great!

Thanks again for the kind words, (maureen also :biggrin: )

Sean