Server will go down for maintenance either today or tomorrow!

davelin315

FYI, we are migrating to a new server and hence, the boards will go down either today or tomorrow as we do this. If you post something that is time sensitive, you may not be able to access it. Also, there is a possibility that some posts made today could be lost during the transition, depending on the timing of the transfer. More details will be posted here as we get updated information.

As most of you are aware, the WAMAS site was down for maintenance for a bit this afternoon. The site is being moved to a new server. Part of that move requires that the domain be directed to the new server. Unfortunately, this can take anywhere from 5 minutes to a week. I won't explain why since the reasons are explained all over the internet, but here is a crash course.

As you click around the WAMAS site, you'll see that the location/URL changes from wamas.org to a string of numbers (or the site's IP address). I have the site set to use the IP address of the new server for now. Unfortunately, for those who do not have WAMAS remember your password, you may end up having to log on multiple times - one for the domain (wamas.org) and one for the IP. I know it is a pain, but I want to ensure everyone is able to get to the site while we wait for the DNS change to propagate to all. Especially for those who pay dues.

I will change the site to start using the domain later on tonight, unless I hear guidance from the officers telling me otherwise.

Thanks for being patient during the move.

(edited)
I think the board time is 1 hr fast (it's only 19:22 as I post this)

1922hrs would be 7:22pm so it looks right to me.

Edited by Coral Hind