ZAP!

rioreef

While doing some maintenance on my system I reached for the interface of my Reefkeeper II controller and a static discharge went from me to the unit. :blink: Well, everything plugged into the unit turned off and the display was blank. I unplugged everything and the RKII, turned it back on and still nothing. I do get a click in the device that has the 8 plugs and about a second later a second click. It is in this time that anything plugged in will turn on then off.

I am sending it to Digital Aquatics for repair and I am now back to timers and manually controlling some devices.

So, in this low humidity time of year I just wanted to remind anyone to ground yourself before touching any aquarium equipment. Lapse on my part may cost me a lot.

Perfect time to upgrade to a larger tank and prevent this from happening again.

You can easily justify this because more water volume allows more water to evaporate into your surrounding therefore eliminating this shock risk. :biggrin:

Perfect time to upgrade to a larger tank and prevent this from happening again.

You can easily justify this because more water volume allows more water to evaporate into your surrounding therefore eliminating this shock risk. :biggrin:

Chip's secret recipe for a long marriage and an old tank - copious amounts of BS :clap: