Very Large Tank - for free

JC Pollman

I have decided to build a new tank, so my old one has to go - your only cost is the gas to come and pick it up.

The tank: plywood, glass front, 6 coats of epoxy paint. No issues with it. It is 5 years old. Measures: 96x24x19high. Might be a really nice grow-out tank.

The stand: 2x4s - you are more than welcome to it as well.

In the interest of making sure you know what you will be getting: if I were to set it up again, I would give the inside and outside another coat of epoxy paint - the tank does not leak, but moving it might stress things. The sand has been cleaned out of the tank, but that is about it as far as my cleanin efforts have gone - it needs a good scubbing. The stand is just 2x4s, I would recommend a piece of plywood or styrafoam between the tank and the stand. Also, I would put a couple more 2x4s in the stand as this is a heavy tank.

The tank weighs about 200 lbs, I can help with the lift, but it really is a 4 man lift and my back is not going to let me do it with just one other person.

I live in Burke and will be out and about the rest of today (Sat) but will be in all day tomorrow. If the tank is not gone by next Sunday, it is going to the dump. You can call me at 7 0 3 4 5 5 1 0 8 7

I have decided to build a new tank, so my old one has to go - your only cost is the gas to come and pick it up.

The tank: plywood, glass front, 6 coats of epoxy paint. No issues with it. It is 5 years old. Measures: 96x24x19high. Might be a really nice grow-out tank.

The stand: 2x4s - you are more than welcome to it as well.

In the interest of making sure you know what you will be getting: if I were to set it up again, I would give the inside and outside another coat of epoxy paint - the tank does not leak, but moving it might stress things. The sand has been cleaned out of the tank, but that is about it as far as my cleanin efforts have gone - it needs a good scubbing. The stand is just 2x4s, I would recommend a piece of plywood or styrafoam between the tank and the stand. Also, I would put a couple more 2x4s in the stand as this is a heavy tank.

The tank weighs about 200 lbs, I can help with the lift, but it really is a 4 man lift and my back is not going to let me do it with just one other person.

I live in Burke and will be out and about the rest of today (Sat) but will be in all day tomorrow. If the tank is not gone by next Sunday, it is going to the dump. You can call me at 7 0 3 4 5 5 1 0 8 7

Any pics of the tank? I might be interested.