Finally! A local A.G.E. tank distributor -> Fins & Feathers

Black Mammoth

I wanted to give everyone a heads up on this. Fins & Feathers now "carries" (really distributes) A.G.E. tanks!

Some of you know that I've been wanting to set up an 8' long tank for awhile now. I've had some trouble getting a tank that I wanted. Initially I was going to buy Danskim's rimless GlassCages, but he never got back to me (I hope he's OK). Since I didn't hear from him, I started my search up again (BTW, that was my 3rd failed attempt at an 8 footer). I decided that it wasn't worth my time looking used so I decided to buy new. That's when I started calling tank builders, LFS, etc. I'll explain more about that process and my decisions in my build thread. Anyway, I wanted to give my business to a LFS if I could; especially a WAMAS sponsor. I called many of them, BRK, Scales, etc... asking if they could get me an A.G.E. tank or recommend a glass builder. Unfortunately, no one could help me. Suggestions ranged from get acrylic, Marineland, or GlassCages. Since this is a dream tank, I figured I would hold out for exactly what I wanted. I was about to call John at KingFish to place an order, but I remembered that Sean at F&F had a large tank sale (6 months ago?). So I called Sean up asking if he had a recommendation or sells A.G.E. He quickly said that, he doesn't carry A.G.E. but if I could give him a day he said he would see what he could do. He got back to the next day letting me know he could get them in. The day after that I got a quote and yesterday I dropped in to pay for it :biggrin:

So I'm pretty excited about the new tank. I know many of us have been clamoring for a good local glass builder. We aren't quite there yet, but I'm really excited that we have a LFS willing to distribute top quality & custom glass tanks (hehe A.G.E.)! :clap: I can't wait...I finally can have the fish I've always wanted...almost...I need a 2nd tank to keep the non-reef friendly angels :eek:

BTW, this was the first time I was in F&F since they've remodeled. If you haven't seen it since then, I recommend that you stop by and check it out. I was pretty impressed. They had a ton of really really nice corals and they were pretty cheap. The only thing that saved me from going bankrupt is that I don't want to run the risk of losing the corals when I switch over to the 325g

Finally someone local with an AGE tank. I live near F&F so I would love to see the build quality that tank when it comes in. Congrats!

Anytime...I believe it will be delivered to my house. I'm still working out the details with having people move it down to the basement...yikes! Anyway, you and others will be more than welcomed to stop by to check it out. I almost didn't go with A.G.E. because I got the impression that they were expensive....cheaper than Miracles...by A LOT. It was also cheaper than Aquarium Obsessed and I was also nervous about the quality as well. After all, I don't want 325g leaking! Miracles, A.G.E., and ELOS are the best IMHO. I hear a lot of good things about Concept Aquariums as well.

Wow I was expecting them to be around the same price as Miracles and AO. I also looked into Concept for a 36x24x20 tank. The price is good but shipping cost is the same as the tank cost. I may have to see what the AGE price is.

I can come over and help :)

I'm curious as to where you'll put it, as I think you have the same floor plan that I do.

I appreciate the offer and may very well take you up on it :biggrin: Actually, we have differently floor plans. I have the same floor plan as the model home. So if you are familiar with that plan, come down the basement and you are in that first room there. There's a bathroom on the one side before the corner to the other side of the basement. It is going where the bathroom is supposed to be :)