Best way to get rics and shrooms to grow / propagate?

Pat showed me his 'shroom rock - basically, he gets a shroom to grow on a softball-sized rock, and then turns it. The 'shroom moves to get better light, and leaves little copies via pedal laceration behind. He's got a good number of them on there.

Pat showed me his 'shroom rock - basically, he gets a shroom to grow on a softball-sized rock, and then turns it. The 'shroom moves to get better light, and leaves little copies via pedal laceration behind. He's got a good number of them on there.

Thats a neat idea, I can get much the same effect by cutting them. I was wondering if direct feeding with something, or dosing something would word.

Thats a neat idea, I can get much the same effect by cutting them. I was wondering if direct feeding with something, or dosing something would word.

do you mean to speed up the healing process after cutting?

Edited by Smoothtriqueter

Direct feeding works for my palys, but it's not a good scientific result. One colony of palys is higher up, so I fed them. Another colony is lower down, and I can't easily reach them. The higher ones grow a lot faster... but it could because of light, flow, or any number of factors.

Direct feeding works for my palys, but it's not a good scientific result. One colony of palys is higher up, so I fed them. Another colony is lower down, and I can't easily reach them. The higher ones grow a lot faster... but it could because of light, flow, or any number of factors.

How are your cut shrooms doing?

How are your cut shrooms doing?

Pretty good... the cup I used ended up not being so great. I need a frag rack or something, because it had a LOT of crap buildup in the bottom. I think my tang was using it as a porta-potty.

Pretty good... the cup I used ended up not being so great. I need a frag rack or something, because it had a LOT of crap buildup in the bottom. I think my tang was using it as a porta-potty.

That's funny...... Jason had a guppy breeder with some rubble in the bottom. I don't know how it has been working out but it looked easy enough to get detritus out of and had good flow through it.

That's funny...... Jason had a guppy breeder with some rubble in the bottom. I don't know how it has been working out but it looked easy enough to get detritus out of and had good flow through it.

That is actually a great idea. I think I will try it out with my next fragging experiment.