Need advice on coral health after move

mling

I moved and while my fishes are thriving in their new 156G tank( Oceanic Reef ready with dual overflows and 2 Koralia 4s ) my corals are having a much harder time adjusting. It was a local 1.5 mile move.

I had consolidated two 50G into the 156G. The 156 was set up on Sept 17, cycle was done by Sept 28. Cleanup crew added Sept 29, fishes and coral added Oct 4. My water quality has never been better with Na3 being about 4. Having a DAS 600 skimmer ( Deltec 600 ) and 50G sump sure helped. Currently using the old 50G as a sump - only a 250gph pmup and skimmer in it, for now. Other parameter are CA 425, pH-8.0, SG 1.0126, temp 76. I am using my 2 PCs from my old tanks for the time being while I work on the new T-5s. I also place to two partitions in the sump for a fudge when time permits.

Even the Kenya tree is having a hard time, they are all not dead but far from their previous condition when NA3 was in the 25 to 100 range! The once thriving BTAs are about an inch instead of hand size. I am aware that you should only put BTAs in tanks older than 6 months but I don

Corals can take a little bit of time to adjust to new conditions, so I wouldn't be surprised if you had a temporary brown out before color returned, but what you are describing sounds like a bit more than that. I would look at these two areas for improvement:

Currently using the old 50G as a sump - only a 250gph pmup and skimmer in it, for now. . . . I am using my 2 PCs from my old tanks for the time being while I work on the new T-5s.

Corals need good water quality, flow and light to thrive. Sounds like you might not have enough of the latter two.

Corals can take a little bit of time to adjust to new conditions, so I wouldn't be surprised if you had a temporary brown out before color returned, but what you are describing sounds like a bit more than that. I would look at these two areas for improvement:

Corals need good water quality, flow and light to thrive. Sounds like you might not have enough of the latter two.

No question about light, I've got all the parts for the retro fit, just not the time.

I do have two Koralia 4 powerheads in the tank. Is that not sufficient for a 156 ? I am going to changed the 250gph pump but am wondering what to upgrade it to. Would there not be problem it is too high ? i.e. return will create too big of a splash about the main tank.