Shedding Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

reefchick

I added a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp to my tank about three weeks ago and it has shed 2 times already - is that normal?

I didn't find anyone on the net to say otherwise.

thanks~

It varies depending on how much you are feeding them, but yeah mine has been known to lose his/her shell twice in a month, or close to that.

Ok - I was beginning to worry.

I feed my clown and shrimp a tiny bit each night of flake food (teeny tiny) and they are both pigs!

Both will eat out of my hand.

Once a week I feed frozen brine shrimp as well.

Small amounts do to the small tank size.

I think the average if every couple weeks. It's a way to tell if the shrimp is growing - the shrimp not molting regulary would indicate a problem. Oh wow, I just realized that now that the dottyback is out of my tank I can get a shrimp without it becoming an expensive snack.

Sorry to jump in on your thread but my skunk cleaner has had curly cue like antenna for like a week. One has even no lie tied into a knot! Is this a sign its about to molt or something more? It happened to my coral banded once too before she was eaten!

Edited by Smoothtriqueter

Another question - I have a 12 gallon so i am careful with my water quality.

Should I be removing the molt or is it better t leave it in the tank?

i leave my molts in my 12 gallon......my emerald crab usually eats it......i read somewhere the best food for crabs and shrimp are their own kind....... :why: