Custom stands and canopies

FishWife

We have been thru the ringer here: read Camaroonian buyers meet national bank emergency, and we're not out of the woods yet. However, IF we move to the house we're hoping to in the next month, I'm seriously considering remounting our 175. Maybe not right away, but put it this way: I've not sold it yet for a reason. I'm lovin' the little nano, but, well... :why: it's a nano! (And it's full... :wig: ) So! I can dream, can't I?

Thing is, where I'd put my 175 bowfront up is right in the new living room. The black plastic-like stand and canopy aren't so swish, so I was thinking about asking around to see if anyone could build me a custom one OR reface the one I have somehow. I know some of us are diy cabinet makers, and others of us know where to go for cheaper goods. So, fess up. I sure can't afford a new bowfront oak cabinet, and there aren't any for sale used that I can find. Where should I look?

Edited by FishWife

PM Bob (ybenormal) - He does fantastic work.

The furniture I've seen him make so far is 'heirloom quality'. Fish-lady is trying to get off without a loan from one of those stressed banks. While Ybe's furniture may be the best bargain around - I should think it would still cost a pretty penny. If not... well, I need a whole dining room set!

bob

My stand is fine structurally. I was almost thinking of some kind of face lift for it, and then a canopy from scratch. The canopy from Oceanic is just a plastic shield. Thanks for the pointer to Bob.

I would also contact Bob. I've been impressed with every stand and canopy he has made. I have no doubt that I'll be enlisting in his services once I'm ready to upgrade.