Goby hybrid?

I've seen neon blue goby and neon yellow/gold cleaner gobies, however what I picked up tonight was a blue neon goby with a bright gold head

I think you're talking about sharknose noby. It's a neon goby with a yellow head. Is this it:

Sharknose Goby

Where'd you get them for $12ea and did they have any more?

Petco they were selling them a blue neon gobies. Every once in a while they get ahold of something that the have no idea what it is. They had a maxima once, back before I knew how beautiful or expensive they were marked as a "cleaner clam" $14

Not to knock everything off Topic. But I just got back from two separate Petco's. The first one had guppies in the tank they seemed fine swimming along with there salt water cousins. The guppies were even picking and cleaning the algae covered live rock. The next store barley had anything just a bunch of rocks covered in cyano. I was a bit embarrassed by the site there was salt creep all over the glass and the pumps were blasting a water air mixture in the tanks. But then you go over to the fresh water side and it was nice and clean very well up-kept. Long story short there were slim pickings but they did have some nice live rock for nano tanks.

There is a new Petco in Ashburn. The conditions are the same - freshie tanks are all pristine, but the salt water tanks are nasty.

Very cool gobie BTW :)

Edited by reefchick