My 55 gallon

blaze98

This is my original reef tank. A 55 gallon All Glass non-drilled tank. I upgraded to a 75 back in May so I decided to make this into a frag tank. I was running it bare bottom at first, but I had some nitrate issues so I decided to add a 4" DSB. I am running the Brightwell Neozeo system on this tank. I am using the Biofuel, Microbacter 7, Koralle VM, and Koral Kolor. I plan on starting the Potassium as well as Reef Snow during the 5th week of the system. I hope to find a more cost effective choice to Prodibio, which I am running on my main tank.

P1010337.jpg

P1010336.jpg

P1010334.jpg

After the sand died down I added a frag rack.

P1010345.jpg

Some of my frags.

P1010492.jpg

Under actinics only

P1010494.jpg

I will try to post more pics later.

Glad you got your thread up! When you have some time, can you post up your dosing regiment to date, and the equipment your using as well?

I'll do the same so we see how close we actually are in terms of dosing.

Thanks Bro, and looking good!

As far as dosing Brightwell, I am on my 4th week of the Neozeo system. I have been using half of the recommended dosage for a 100 gallon tank since it is a 55 gallon and the rock work displaces at least 5 gallons.

Since I was having nitrate issues I started with the recommended dosage for high nutrient systems.

Biofuel: 5ml daily

Microbacter 7: 10ml daily first 2 weeks then 5ml per week

Koral Color: 2ml every 3 days

Koral VM: 10ml per week first 4 weeks then 20ml weekly

I am running the Neozeo media in a 2LF's phosban reactor with a mini-jet 404 running at approx. 56 gallons per hours. Next week I will be adding my final amount of Neozeo media that will place it at 500 grams for my tank and increasing the flow to 100 GPH. After the 5th week I am planning to follow the instructions and change 25% of the media per week.

I have an Aqua C Remora skimmer on the tank as filtration and 2 Koralia # 3's for flow. There is a 300 watt heater to provide warmth on those cold nights.