Tunze multi-controller

SteveM

Does anyone here use a Tunze multi-controller? I am seriously considering getting one for my tank with a couple of the NanoStreams. I am not happy with my current pumps and since the maxijet 1200's I had with the mods all died on me I need to upgrade. How hard are the Tunzes to set up with the controller?

You may check and find one used on here or RC. WIth a bunch of people going to the Aquasurf's from Neptune (add on to the acIII), people tend to be getting rid of them.

As long as they are able to be controlled, real easy to hook up.

*****edit - dee in your profile you have a ac3, so look into the aquasurf....

I'm not climbing on board with the aquasurf yet.

I'd look at how you have to name your sockets for your AC3 before purchasing.

You have to name one of your current DC8 or DC4 sockets (removing up to 4 sockets from the total # allowed) as each individual pump to be controlled via aquasurf.

With the 7095, it can use one DC socket with all pumps connected to the 7095, and still have the benefit of the FEED timer. You only use one socket. If you think you are nearing total AMPs, use a socket expander and put the power draw on another circuit.

As for ease of setup, the Tunze controllers are a piece of cake. A little more challenging is figuring out what they mean by the different patterns of flow and if one pattern is preferable to another. I just wrote to Roger at Tunze USA to discuss different flow options and chose based on his advice.

I have been using the tunzees with controller for a long time in my 210 and use 4 maxi jets in my 90 with a controller. No comparisson in my opinion. The tunzees give a great amount of flow and the flow is much less harsh then the maxi jets. The controller works very well. That being said they are also very expensive