Aquarium One

dshnarw

Just a quick heads up for everyone who frequents Aquarium One. Their zoanthid frag tank with the yumas on the bottom had several zoa-eating nudibranches wandering the walls of the tank today. I pointed it out to the guy working there, so hopefully they'll QT that display, but for those that may have gotten stuff from that tank in the past couple weeks, you may want to watch your zoas carefully.

• 1 month later...

I do an iodine dip using providone iodine from CVS on all zoas that I add to my tanks. It will take care of nudis no problem. I do like to do a freshwater dip after the iodine bath just to remove as much as the residual iodine as possible. Someone gave my a ton of zoa frags once (with a few nudis as well that I was totally aware of). I did the iodine bath, but didn't rinse in a separate bath afterwards. The residual iodine caused havok in my tank with the LPS. The nudis however were taken care of.

G.

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED...

THIS INCIDENT HAPPENED OVER A MONTH AGO. WE HAD SOME LIVE ROCK COME IN FROM A CLIENT AND WAS INADVERTENTLY PLACED IN THE SUMP OF THAT SPECIFIC SYSTEM. SINCE THEN, THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN FLUSHED AND NO TRACE OF THEM SINCE. IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS INSTANCE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US.

THANKS,

PAUL MANGUS

AQUARIUM ONE