Yellow Tang Bumps

Tink

He had a battle with ich a few weeks ago, but has been getting better. Before he was covered in white spots, but it has all but cleared up now (3 spots are all that I can see left). He's been eating very well, but what concerns me are these 3 bumps on his side. Any ideas as to what it may be, or how to treat it? I've been adding formalin to his holding tank for about 5 days now in order to help kick the last of the ich. Thanks for the help folks

fishbump-1.jpg

Good to hear. I have a blue hippo I feed him flakes with garlic to keep its immune system healthy. So far so good. Nice and healthy with no ick, not to say I haven't seen it before.

He had a battle with ich a few weeks ago, but has been getting better. Before he was covered in white spots, but it has all but cleared up now (3 spots are all that I can see left). He's been eating very well, but what concerns me are these 3 bumps on his side. Any ideas as to what it may be, or how to treat it? I've been adding formalin to his holding tank for about 5 days now in order to help kick the last of the ich. Thanks for the help folks

fishbump-1.jpg

I'm only a novice, but I wonder if that indicates there are still parasites present under the skin? Perhaps some of our fish experts out there can tell you if it would be a good idea to put the tang into a state of hypo-salinity for a while to make sure parasites are gone? Or is it possible it is just scar tissue????

Best of luck, he's beautiful.

Thanks for all the help so far, he's one of the best things to come out of a Petco for sure, haha. I was wondering the same thing myself about it being parasites under the skin.