lighting for a 12 gallon eclipse

L8 2 RISE

I have a 12 gallon eclipse tank that I would like to get some high power lighting for. I have decided to go with T5's because, after some research, Halides and the like are hot enough to warp the plastic.

what would you all suggest, the tank is 21 inches long at the front and 18 inches at the back, so something in between those numbers would be good. I would like between 5 and 12 watts a gallon and dont want to spend over $100.

I have a 12 gallon eclipse tank that I would like to get some high power lighting for. I have decided to go with T5's because, after some research, Halides and the like are hot enough to warp the plastic.

what would you all suggest, the tank is 21 inches long at the front and 18 inches at the back, so something in between those numbers would be good. I would like between 5 and 12 watts a gallon and dont want to spend over $100.

the highest retrofit for that tank is the sunpaq 96w PC.. unless you are going to ditch the hood.

no i meant this.

http://www.petstore.com/ps_ViewItem-Search...ts-vendor-.html

it'll cover the lid a bit, and you may have to drill some extra holes, but besides that it'll come with screws and the bulbs, prewired and ready to go...

one downside, anyone that i have seen with this has installed fans in the back of the tank to deal with heat...

its up to you though, personally to be about to keep what ever you want with that tank.. i would ditch the lid and stock filtration, get a aquaclear, mod it to a fuge, and get a t5 light...

i had this tank, and ditched it.

PICT3104.jpg