New Tank Parameters

Given the below, should I move the fish to the main tank?

I set up my new tank last night - bit of a trauma. I bought Jim Bethesda's tank - but have issues with hooking up my RODI unit. So I had to buy water and used about 20 gallons of distilled Salt Water.

Everything looks good this morning, tank parameters:

Temperature: 82 F

pH: 8.4

Salinity: 1.0249 SG

Nitrate: 0 mg/l

Nitrite: 0 mg/l

Ammonia: 0 mg/l

I have a number of hard and soft corals to put in.

I have the fish in another tank about 15 gallons right now, but will add more today. There are two clowns, 2 tangs a coral beauty, a blue chromis and a bi-color.

Temp: 82

pH: 8.4

Salinity: 1.025

Nitrate: 0

Nitrite: 0

Ammonia: 0.25

There is a Current Ocean 100 skimmer in the tank (almost no foam) with a few pieces of live rock.

Thoughts?

Did you already put the sand in the tank? If not that's probably the first thing you should do. Add the sand and then let everything settle down and maybe run some kind of mechanical filtration. It might take a couple of days for the water after adding the sand unless you add it very slowly. If you didn't add the sand yet, I was thinking that you probably shouldn't use that used silica play sand and use some nice aragonite sand instead. I know it's extra money but I think it's worth it.

Wreck

Rick,

Thanks for your help yesterday. Yes, I added the sand after a good wash - that took about two hours!! Everything except the fish are in the tank. I ran mechanical filtration on the reef last night and it was crystal clear this morning. The fish are in my old 30G - I will check that water again tonight. Everything looks good so far.

I added 40 pounds of Aragonite - that stuff is expensive!

Thanks,

eric.

Did you already put the sand in the tank? If not that's probably the first thing you should do. Add the sand and then let everything settle down and maybe run some kind of mechanical filtration. It might take a couple of days for the water after adding the sand unless you add it very slowly. If you didn't add the sand yet, I was thinking that you probably shouldn't use that used silica play sand and use some nice aragonite sand instead. I know it's extra money but I think it's worth it.

Wreck

Not to sound "no it all" but you have 15 g temp tank for 5 FISH what are the nitrates and phosophates in the 15 g maybe I read the post wrong, but aren't tangs messy?

It was one night. I added 10 more gallons to the holding tank and then moved them over to home over two days.

They are all on the 75G now. Its my anemone that is giving me coniptions now... see my other post tonight.

Thanks for your concern,

Eric

Not to sound "no it all" but you have 15 g temp tank for 5 FISH what are the nitrates and phosophates in the 15 g maybe I read the post wrong, but aren't tangs messy?