DIY Tank Stand Tops

The Kerrnel

I've read in several previous posts reference to a layer of foam on top of 3/4 ply.

I'm wondering if there is a specific type or brand of foam sheet that people use or a specific thickness?

Also, when it comes to angle braces in the corners, does it matter if they are only in front, or only in sides, in both? My understanding is these are for lateral stability.

Thanks

I've read in several previous posts reference to a layer of foam on top of 3/4 ply.

I'm wondering if there is a specific type or brand of foam sheet that people use or a specific thickness?

Also, when it comes to angle braces in the corners, does it matter if they are only in front, or only in sides, in both? My understanding is these are for lateral stability.

Thanks

I would ask the tank manufacturer about what to put between the tank and stand, some may suggest nothing, some may suggest foam. I would follow their advice, also may prevent you from voiding warranty.

As for angle braces, this depends a lot on what kind of tank it is, the stand construction, and many other factors. Angle braces may not even be necessary.

Whats the idea behind using foam as a base?