Connors 92 Build

So a couple months back i purchased this used 92 gallon bowfront tank reef ready. The dimensons are 48 wide, 14-18 front to back, and 28 deep. Its been a slow build but i am almost to the point of adding water. I have been going back and forth deciding how many fish i would like to add and it keeps changing as i pick different fish so right now i have a farely low stocking, coral wise im planning for the tank to be all sps.

Equipment

92 bowfront stand and canopy

V2 600 protein skimmer (rated for 150 gallons)

Hydor 400 watt heater

Rio 2100 skimmer pump

2 400 watt 20k Halides

Stocklist: (could use some help with suggestions and order in which to add)

Regal Tang (Red Sea)3-4 in.

Blue Hippo Tang

Midas Blenny

Powder Brown Tang

Pics Soon to come im having problems uploading them

How big is your sump? What is your return pump? What are you using for circulation within the tank? Do you have a fuge? I'm asking because for SPS you'll need around 3,000 gph flow.

Regal Tang and Blue Hippo Tang are the same fish. They get pretty big at 12" and the bioload they would put on your system as an adult may be all your system can handle. They're very docile so should be one of the first added.

Same with the blenny... Docile and peaceful so add as one of the first.

Powder brown should be last.

Regal Tang is supposed to be Regal Angle sorry typo. I have been trying to plan my tank mostly around the Regal Angle and have been reading about it like crazy because I know they can be hard to keep. My sump is a 20 long tank and my return pump is going to be a mag 9. I haven't made plans for a refugium yet but would like to get one if I can find enough room under my tank. I think I've seen hang on refugiums before and that might be a possibility with my size constraints. I haven't done much looking into flow within the tank but know i will need a lot since I'm planning for my tank to be all sps, I am more than open to any suggestions for flow since I dont have a lot of knowledge in that area yet.

Thanks,

Connor

• 1 month later...

I had a question about lights currently the 2x 400 watt Halide light ballasts that i have are not in great condition and having been having some problems latley when they randomly turn off, so i decide to look at getting some different lights. Now ive been looking at the Aquactinics 48" TX5 Series but im not sure if that will give me enough light to have all of the sps and acans that i want to keep. So my question is will this be sufficient enough light to light up a all sps tank.

\

Thanks,

Connor

Also since I have been planning on having a pretty large fish load I have decided to go bare bottom so that waste doesn't accumulate as much also this way there won't be any sand clouding the water because of all the waterflow. For flow I think I'm going to go with 3 koralia 3's. Will that be enough flow??

Thanks,

Connor

Also since I have been planning on having a pretty large fish load I have decided to go bare bottom so that waste doesn't accumulate as much also this way there won't be any sand clouding the water because of all the waterflow. For flow I think I'm going to go with 3 koralia 3's. Will that be enough flow??

Thanks,

Connor

I don't believe that will be enough flow for a bare bottom tank. The point of a BB tank is to use ALOT of flow to keep detritus suspended in the water column so the skimmer can get it out. I also have a 92gal, and even with four 6055s I still had some stuff settle on my sandbed. I added one Vortech and that did the trick. And I have a sandbed.

If money is a concern, you could go with four of the maxijet mods.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/m...ry_Code=Maxijet

You could get 2000+ gph from just one of the MJ mods. Four MJ1200 and four kits would cost you $131.76 at premiumaquatics.com. Three of the Koralia 3's would cost $113. You'll be getting WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY more bang for your buck with the MJ mods. You could maybe even get away with just having 3 of them. I would spend some more money on the algae-free magnets to attach the MJ mods though.

Hope this helps.