Blonde Naso Tang

Carl

Anyone have a blonde naso tang in a 70 gallon (or smaller) tank? Does yours peacefully co-exist with a community of fish? Will it get too big for a 70? I'm considering getting one with Chip's BZA group buy.

-Carl

Edited by Carl

The way my old blonde naso grew in the 180, I really think it would outgrow your 70 really fast. Depends on how small it was when you got it. Don't you have a larger tank in the works? If so, I'd say go for it since you'll have another home for it later on.

I assume it would be good for the fish only 500 yes?

Dan - Why wouldn't you get one? because you have a reef tank?

I assume it would be good for the fish only 500 yes?

Dan - Why wouldn't you get one? because you have a reef tank?

Unicorns just get so big, 18" is a whole lot of fish even for a 500 but would probably be OK, to think about putting it in the 70 is just not realistic.

(edited)

Dan - On a totally different subject, but related to putting the naso tang in my large tank....I'm looking over my skimmer...

http://www.hsaquaristik.de/start_eng.php

rated for 2200 liters/581 gallons. If I stuff my tank with fish...do you think I'll need a bigger skimmer?

Is this skimmer easily modify-able....like I can add a 3rd Eheim pump, and it will increase its capacity?

And of course the next question...is that something you can do?

-Carl

Edited by Carl

Dan - On a totally different subject, but related to putting the naso tang in my large tank....I'm looking over my skimmer...

http://www.hsaquaristik.de/start_eng.php

rated for 2200 liters/581 gallons. If I stuff my tank with fish...do you think I'll need a bigger skimmer?

Is this skimmer easily modify-able....like I can add a 3rd Eheim pump, and it will increase its capacity?

And of course the next question...is that something you can do?

-Carl

My honest opinion is that H&S already pushes it too far by putting 2 pumps on a 8" body, 3 Eheim pumps on a 8" body would be like putting a Naso Tang in a 70 ;)

(edited)

My honest opinion is that H&S already pushes it too far by putting 2 pumps on a 8" body, 3 Eheim pumps on a 8" body would be like putting a Naso Tang in a 70 ;)

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I chuckled at that response...

The H&S Skimmer is rated at 581 gallons...and I've been told it's a conservative rating...Hopefully this is true...cause I plan to heavily stock the 450.

Edited by Carl