moving advice, please

Lizzie

im currently living in maryland, but will be going to University of Tampa (UT) in January2009. i have a 28gallon aquarium that i just set up with not much stocked in it (dont ask me why i set it up only to be leaving in 1/2 a year -____-). I plan on leaving that aquarium and some very very VERY hardy critters (they will need to be xD) here in maryland with my family to care of. Then want to take the other stuff with me. because ill be moving all my junk, i plan on driving from here to there, which will take at least ~15hrs.

Question:

Do you think the animals will be alright/survive the trip from maryland to florida?

& is there anything i need to consider or provide them with to make it a successful trip?

btw... if it helps, here are the animals im planning on bringing:

6line Wrasse

Banded Coral Shrimp

a few Hermit Crabs

a few Turbo Snails

a few Nassarius Snails

Leather Coral

Yellow Leather Coral

Kenya Tree Coral

Fluorescent Green Star Polyps

Sunflower Polyps

some Mushrooms

With a 28g system, do about 3x WC (Water Change) in 5g sealed containers in the last couple of weeks before you leave.

This will give you 15g of old water when you arrive there. 20g would be just as good if you have the room? Also have 10g of New Already made SW (Saltwater) too.

This should quicken the acclimation process when you arrive!

Do the breakdown the day of your trip, if you have access to a LFS (Local Fish Store) near you, have them RE-Bag your items with Oxygen to help in the transport. Put everything in a Large Styrofoam cooler with a heat pack to keep the temperature consistant. Acclimate as soon as possible when you arrive.\

Hook up your RO/DI unit under your sink to get new water started for a WC as soon as the SW mixes!

good luck!

Get a 12v DC to 120AC adapter for you cig lighter plug and plug in powerhead and heater for your fish and corals. You may need to use two of them depending on how much current your power heads and heater draw. Check the power adapter for the max current (Amps) ratings.

Put plastic bags under corals to prevent them from moving too much, like you're shipping them. Seperate them from the fish. Pack the fish and corals in individual large black plastic tub with lids.

locate a few fish stores on your way there and plan on doing a water change en-route.