Drilling my 30g

jakaufman

Can anyone help me drill a tank at the meeting this Saturday? I don't have the experience or the equipment to do it!

If I can't find someone this weekend or if people won't be at the meeting, I'd be happy to drive out to someone to do this.

Thanks,

Joe

(edited)

i can probably help you with it/show you how. it's pretty easy. of course, all the risk is yours and if it breaks, its on you. if you don't have the bulkheads then head out to BRK and pick up the bulkheads and a matching hole saw bit for drilling glass. john has them pretty cheap and they do the job.

Edited by Brian Ward

(edited)

Sounds good. Can I get the stuff from a Home Depot or something? BRK is a bit far away.. but maybe I can go there in the morning before the meeting on Saturday.

All i need is my drill, the bulkhead and the correct size bit, correct?

I don't care if it breaks the tank.. its from 1989 and I believe it cost my dad nothing when he got it originally haha. It is all a learning experience for me because I have almost zero experience with plumbing tanks and such.

Edited by jakaufman

its a special bit, home depot doesn't carry it. i think i have an extra 1" bit and bulkhead i can sell you for whatever i paid for them. they wear out fast - 1 bit is good for 3-5 holes. Do you only need 1 hole drilled? It take a lot of water too - have to keep the site cooled.

its a special bit, home depot doesn't carry it. i think i have an extra 1" bit and bulkhead i can sell you for whatever i paid for them. they wear out fast - 1 bit is good for 3-5 holes. Do you only need 1 hole drilled? It take a lot of water too - have to keep the site cooled.

If you let me know how much that is I will probably take it at the meeting. I think I have a good handle on how to do it and can just bring the stuff home to do with a hose on it to keep it cool.