Skimmers

Vader

Two Things,

When Shopping for skimmers, do you size for your tank size or total water volume within the system? and the foam that collects at the top, How often should that be cleaned off?

Buy a well known skimmer such as ASM, Euroreef or get our very own GSA. Usually cut the rating by half on most skimmers as that rating is for a fish only tank and not a reef tank. Name the skimmer you are thinking about purchasing and members will chime in on what they think. I empty my skimmer cup every three days = 200mls of skimmate.

David

I'm looking at a AquacC EV-120

I'm looking at a AquacC EV-120

I am using the AquaC EV-120 myself. I can not say I am happy with it. I have to constantly adjust it, which is a pain. I am saving my money to upgrade to a GSA.

I used to use an EV-120 many years ago. Don't waste your money. Buy a GSA. You won't find a better skimmer for the money anywhere, and you'll be supporting a local manufacturer.

I am using the AquaC EV-120 myself. I can not say I am happy with it. I have to constantly adjust it, which is a pain. I am saving my money to upgrade to a GSA.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. :cheers:

I used to use an EV-120 many years ago. Don't waste your money. Buy a GSA. You won't find a better skimmer for the money anywhere, and you'll be supporting a local manufacturer.

2nd that!!! look on the shorty review forum to see my skimmer in action. it will handle just about anything that a 100g tank can hold! :clap:

Several people are saying the same thing. Thanks for your advice :cheers:

2nd that!!! look on the shorty review forum to see my skimmer in action. it will handle just about anything that a 100g tank can hold! :clap:

10-4 :cheers:

Who is a local rep. for a GSA skimmer?

Who is a local rep. for a GSA skimmer?

pm dandy7200

im a tang now!!!!!!!!! woooooooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!

Edited by shawns

pm dandy7200

im a tang now!!!!!!!!! woooooooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!

I know its late and I've had a couple of cold ones.......but What are you talking about?? :drink:

i had a couple of cold ones, and maybe a couple of warm ones too. anyway, tang refers to my forum status. with 200 posts i became a tang!

pm dandy: private message dandy7200. hes the owner of gsa

Edited by shawns

I'll give you a real good price on the one I have. :biggrin:

What are the dimensions?

i had a couple of cold ones, and maybe a couple of warm ones too. anyway, tang refers to my forum status. with 200 posts i became a tang!

cool

What are the dimensions?

----------------------------------

The foot print is 20"x6"x9". The drain valve sticks out 3" on the 6" side at the top.

I also have a GSA Shorty. Havent really been able to use it yet though. My 75G was almost ready to go and it was already pulling nasty stuff out. It's now ready to handle my 125G tank :) Dan told me to just change the MaxiJet900 supply powerhead to a MJ1200. That's the other neat thing, it uses a super low wattage feed pump. Though it does have a 38W recirculating AquaMedic pump.

What are the dimensions?

----------------------------------

The foot print is 20"x6"x9". The drain valve sticks out 3" on the 6" side at the top.

I'm not ready to start purchasing equipment just yet, but I will keep you in mind,

The size is right for my stand. Thank You for the offer.