I've done something very wrong with my closed loop it seems.

CHUBAKAH

Interesting. The calculations I'd used were for a total change out to 1-1/2 inch (on both sides) which could obviously get more complicated and expensive. Any idea what kind of flow you're getting now?

Nice shot, by the way, of your stand.

I'm not sure on flow in terms of GPH, but I can tell you I have what seems like even flow from each jet that I can feel with my hand at the back of the tank. I'd also say in terms of before and after I have increased it by four times.

That's alright, my original estimate included all the fittings at the top which in this picture appear to be returns from the sump :blush:

Actually they are drains back to the sump. The line from the sump comes in from the left top side not seen in any of the pics.

If I learned anything correct from all of the reading I did on plumbing, it was to plumb it so I have zero chance of emptying the main tank in to the sump in a power failure.

:smokin:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks,

I'll have to let Sean over at Fin and Feathers know his design sucks, because I followed it to a tee.

More money down the drain.

:clap:

no offense, but you didn't follow it. I don't appreciate that at all. :blast: :wink:

Probably already stated, but I would put ball valves on each return. expand the intake or drain to the pump.

Also, anybody else chime in and tell me if I'm wrong here, but Chewy, is there an opening at the cap on the drain for the loop...might that cause some issues? don't know never done it like that before.

Fwiw I was simply drawing you a diagram on scratch paper, when you first came in asking me what was wrong, your plumbing was much worse off than what it looks like now, at least how you described it to me.

after reading the rest of the thread looks like you got it nailed.

Sean

Edited by F&Fmgr

I am hoping it will be, but since I haven't glued in the reducers I think I could even add in some of those whatchamcallits with the flex lines.

Good idea. The reducers were a quick and easy way to check if this would make a difference, but the best solution IMO would be to use locline or something like it. Gives you lots of options in terms of directing and focusing the flow, depending on whether you use open or flared nozzles, Y fittings, etc. . . .