RE HELP: AquaC Remora Pro hang-on with Pre-skimmer

Mystical Lady

I may have made a mistake in ordering this unit....

http://www.proteinskimmer.com/Product%20Pa...emora%20Pro.htm

AquaC Remora Pro hang-on with Pre-skimmer

first off, its HUGE.... much larger than my little rinky-dink one I have now.... and I am worried about the weight this might have on the back of my tank...

secondly, I am NOT mechanically inclined and I can't figure out where everything is suppose to fit.... and I can't find any 'installed' pictures on the website....

Is anyone using this unit, and if so, can you provide an ' installed' picture so I can figure it out.... the preskimmer has me confused and I dont know if the pump is suppose to go IN the preskimmer or if the pump goes outside the preskimmer and pumps into it.... and is this preskimmer even worth the trouble of installing??

:drink:

suggestions???

Jan

Guest webshout
(edited)

I may have made a mistake in ordering this unit....

http://www.proteinskimmer.com/Product%20Pa...emora%20Pro.htm

AquaC Remora Pro hang-on with Pre-skimmer

first off, its HUGE.... much larger than my little rinky-dink one I have now.... and I am worried about the weight this might have on the back of my tank...

secondly, I am NOT mechanically inclined and I can't figure out where everything is suppose to fit.... and I can't find any 'installed' pictures on the website....

Is anyone using this unit, and if so, can you provide an ' installed' picture so I can figure it out.... the preskimmer has me confused and I dont know if the pump is suppose to go IN the preskimmer or if the pump goes outside the preskimmer and pumps into it.... and is this preskimmer even worth the trouble of installing??

:drink:

suggestions???

Jan

Alright!! I'm the first to help!! :)

I can't post a pic at the moment, but let's see if this'll help. The pump goes on the intake and is placed in the left compartment of the skimmer box. The one with teeth. Plastic screws should face out, into the aquarium. You'll then need to figure out the height that you want the unit to skim; right at the surface, just below, or further. Then adjust the plastic screws to hold the pump. Insert the unit into the tank and start it up. You'll have to adjust the collection cup. I started off high and lowered it until i got the right skimmate.

And yes, the preskimmer is worth it.

Hope this helps.

William

Edited by webshout

Guest webshout

Thanks!!! I hope to 'give 'er a whirl' this weekend!!!

Good Luck this weekend. The only other things is the pump may only fit in the skimmer box facing one way. I mean the in order to fit, the pump body will face right or left. I don't remember which way. So, you'll just have to fiddle around w/it to get it right. If it doesn't fit in one direction, rotate 180 degree and it should then fit.

Hope this didn't add confusion? :why:

William

Thanks everyone..... AquaC has GREAT customer support and has sent me a picture, its in my gallery.... and I understand now how to fix it..... I stupidly was trying to CONNECT the pump to the inlet thing on the skimmer while the pump sits in the preskimmer..... when if fact, I see now, I don't have to do that...... DOH!!! sometimes, I amaze myself with dumbness.....LOL....

Thanks for all of your help!!!!

Thanks everyone..... AquaC has GREAT customer support and has sent me a picture, its in my gallery.... and I understand now how to fix it..... I stupidly was trying to CONNECT the pump to the inlet thing on the skimmer while the pump sits in the preskimmer..... when if fact, I see now, I don't have to do that...... DOH!!! sometimes, I amaze myself with dumbness.....LOL....

Thanks for all of your help!!!!

Thats so weird. I've never seen a clear skimmer box like the one posted in your gallery. Where did you get that one??

Thats so weird. I've never seen a clear skimmer box like the one posted in your gallery. Where did you get that one??

thats the one AquaC customer service sent to me....I guess that picture was made for dummies like me... so we could see the inside.....LMAO!!!

thats the one AquaC customer service sent to me....I guess that picture was made for dummies like me... so we could see the inside.....LMAO!!!

interesting, but a good idea. Glad to hear you got it all worked out