New to Nanos

saltydad

I have 25+ years experience with reef tanks and had a maintenance business for years in another state. I don't have time/room/$ to set up a 70 or 90 here, so I'm thinking about a nano setup. I'm intrigued by the integrated systems. I'd like to solicit some recommendations for nano systems, esp in the 12 g range. Also are there any recommended books on nanos?

BTW, I just joined and enjoyed meeting many at the winter meeting. Thanks for the welcome!

I've never owned a big tank, but I've heard that they are easier to keep becasue of water volume I top off my nano daily for 6 gallons every week or two weeks anyway I hope you enjoy your new nano! Oh and stay away from older model jbj's mine had zinc screws everything else was nice though for softies...

Check out www.nano-reef.com

also check out nanotuners.com

I am hoping to purchase a JBJ 12g by the end of the year from nanotuners. Have done much reviewing myself and had one of these systems before. I think its the best deal/all-in-one system and there's tons of cool mods out there (for other smaller tanks) that can be adapted to it. But if you are looking to do an external sump or fuge, there may be better options. There are likely also better options in the 24g range if you can bump up your tank size. 24-28g gives you more stability and more room to maneuver in the back area for more macroalgea (fuge) and better skimmer, etc.

just my $0.02

welcome to the club! :clap:

:)

I've never owned a big tank, but I've heard that they are easier to keep becasue of water volume I top off my nano daily for 6 gallons every week or two weeks anyway I hope you enjoy your new nano! Oh and stay away from older model jbj's mine had zinc screws everything else was nice though for softies...

I top my 24g nano off at 2g per day.