More Invasive Lionfish pub

dbartco

Follow up to our meeting with Andrew. Look for it in newstands now! Would be really cool if they can get a "Dirty Jobs" episode as well.

Hello Family and Friends,

I wanted to share some exiting news with you all. As many of you know the National Aquarium in Washington, DC has partnered with REEF and NOAA on the invasive lionfish epidemic in the Bahamas. The lionfish, a species from the Indo Pacific, has made its way to Atlantic waters through people releasing their pet lionfish when they get too big or eat too many tank mates.

That project just got some amazing PR. If you are out at the newsstands please check out the March issue of Scuba Diving Magazine. There is an article Born in the Wrong Sea written by the famous marine life author Ned DeLoach, that I assisted with, that tells a great story of the work we have been doing. Scuba Diving is the largest dive publication in the US with a great reader base. A link to the Scuba Diving website is below.

http://www.scubadiving.com/GeneralMenu

We already have plans in the works to film this subject for National Geographic Chronicles and have pitched the idea through a demo video to Mike Rowe for the Dirty Jobs television show.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andy Dehart

General Manager

National Aquarium in Washington, DC

Follow up to our meeting with Andrew. Look for it in newstands now! Would be really cool if they can get a "Dirty Jobs" episode as well.

There was also a recent thread of activity about this very issue on the NOAA Coral-List. I found the timing uncanny given Andrew's presentation at the meeting.