2 150w HQI vs 4x54w T5

steveoutlaw

I'm going to be keeping a 90g mixed reef. The 2 lights I'm considering are the TEK 6x54w T5 fixture and the Current Outer Orbit 2x150w HQI and 4x54w T5. Does anybody have this Current fixture that can chime in on performance? Is it quiet? does it run cool?

TIA

Guest satellite62

Anybody heard anything about this fixture?

I have the current 48" with the four power compacts. 4 x 54 watts. The one fan on it is very loud for several minutes at start up, like it is rubbing on something. After a while is quiets down. Overall it keeps the unit cool but I am not impressed and would not buy it again. It does not provide enough light for my 75g tank.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_AquariumPage...q_fixtures.html

I have the current 48" with the four power compacts. 4 x 54 watts. The one fan on it is very loud for several minutes at start up, like it is rubbing on something. After a while is quiets down. Overall it keeps the unit cool but I am not impressed and would not buy it again. It does not provide enough light for my 75g tank.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_AquariumPage...q_fixtures.html

Thanks for the input. I'm not worried too much about the amount of light.....it should be plenty. I'm worried more about how well the fixture is constructed and how quiet it operates. But it sounds like it's a pretty loud fixture.

anybody else?

I have 2 48" extreme orbit with 4 130w bulbs in each fixture.on my 240 and i have been able to keep anything even SPs jacked up on the top. I do miss the shimmering of MH but for heat and money issiues I went with this. the fans make noise but not bad,just fan noise. if I had to do it over again I probably would have gone with all T-5. but I'm going to save up and get 3 MH like At BRK and pipe out the vent through the side of the house, it will be my last upgrade. right now I upgrading all my sump and all the guts of my system.NAGA 6' sump is waiting to be installed. I hope thsi helps. :cheers:

Curtis

Nobody?