Has anyone ever seen anything like this

newfish

I have a Mated Pair of clowns and a Yellow Clown Goby.

Has anyone seen anything like this.

Its my Yellow Clown Goby and my Female Clown

Check it out. :lol2:

LemonyandRoxy012.jpg

LemonyandRoxy015.jpg

LemonyandRoxy016.jpg

Its funny to watch them cause he will take a ride with her and then hop off. Then she will go near him and just kind of sit there waiting for him to hop on.

This may be a stupid question but in mated pair clown, there isn't a chance that they will "Separate". Not that she would be with the goby but more or less lose interest in the Male clown.

Enjoy the pics

Josh

The clown is attempting to use the goby as a cleaner. There are a lot of small fish that will serve that purpose. Your clown has some sort of parasite, most likely ich from the pictures, and is attempting to get cleaned. Watch out, it looks like it's fairly well covered with a mild case, you may want to do a dip on the clowns and the goby and treat the tank somehow. What else do you have in there? By the way, clown gobies will often hitch a ride here or there. I had a friend whose clown goby liked to ride on top of a porcupine puffer he had.

Either that, or you have sand in the tank and it's sticking to the clown... same thing goes, though, I'm guessing the clown is trying to get cleaned by the goby.

I had a Blue Neon Goby that liked to give fish hugs... (click the pic)

th_HelFireFishGobyHug.jpg

'Ric

He is a cleaner, but when he cleans he scampers around the other fish. This looks like just a hug. It must mean something in fish culture.. :why: