Camelback Shrimp

Tee

Hi,

Does Camelback Shrimp eat parasite from fish? Can it be use as cleaner shrimp? Reef safe? I google it, and some say it safe, some say not.

Thanks,

Tee

Edited by Tee

Nope. Not reef safe. The makers of zeovit said that they have used it to control parasites on corals by doing a "camel shrimp bath" with them, but even they caution that if left too long, the flesh will be stripped from the shrimp as well. Avoid these shrimp, they are predators. They may not eat your fish, but if given the chance to "clean" they will no doubt take chunks out of the fish and perhaps kill them.

Thanks,

Tee

------------------------

Nope. Not reef safe. The makers of zeovit said that they have used it to control parasites on corals by doing a "camel shrimp bath" with them, but even they caution that if left too long, the flesh will be stripped from the shrimp as well. Avoid these shrimp, they are predators. They may not eat your fish, but if given the chance to "clean" they will no doubt take chunks out of the fish and perhaps kill them.

I just exchanged for pepermin shrimp. I thought Camelback are just cleaning shrimp as pepermin.

Tee

-------------

do these shrimps spawn in home aquarium? if they do will the babies survive if they are alone in an aquarium with nothing but only these shrimp?