ICH HELP!!!!

newfish

WELL, I got home This afternoon and same drill as the first outbreak. This morning when I got up and turned my lights on my 2 clowns were covered in white specs. So I start to worry AGAIN. When I get home they are fine. No specs. Swimming around and just waiting for food.

Any Ideas. Could it be something other than ICH. I am going to start doing a garlic treatment to just kind of boost the immunity systems and see if that helps whatever it is.

The other thing kind of off topic, is the Hippo Tang that I just got. When the lights are off, Its like she is off, She doesnt swim she just kind of goes into a corner and sits there. As soon as the lights come back on.... She is swimming around like nothing ever happened.

Any Ideas on that topic as well.

BTW I will post some pics of her soon. I have to get her to stop for a snapshot. she never stops :biggrin:

Amylodinium spots cycle faster than ich so the spots coming and going day on day off day on like that may be that as opposed to ich... I guess someone would have to look at the fish to get a better idea of which of those diseases it is. The treatment is pretty much the same for both.

Freshwater dip will not kill what is embedded in the flesh, only what is in the water. Same with UV. Hypo will catch what comes off the fish and kill it before it has a chance to go through the reproduction cycle to have more bugs attacking the fish.

I personally have decided, since the last fish addition, to only use copper, formalin, and fw dips as last resorts - they are too hard on the fish and that stress could be just enough to weaken the fish's defenses to the point of no return.

Well the hippo tang will be the last fish in THIS TANK. (Till I get a bigger one ARRARRR ARRR)

Hopefully I can get it to go away and not have to deal with it anymore.

Well the hippo tang will be the last fish in THIS TANK. (Till I get a bigger one ARRARRR ARRR)

Hopefully I can get it to go away and not have to deal with it anymore.

You are putting a tang in this tank? 30g is way too small.

You are putting a tang in this tank? 30g is way too small.

Yes, I know that 30 is small but I plan on getting a bigger tank hopefully before she outgrows this one. She is only an inch or so right now and seems to be doing fairly well.

If there are any problems I will not hesitate to let her go to someone with a bigger tank.

Huge problem...I will take her.

Ok...I was just kidding.

Just remember that they do grow quickly. At 1" she should be doing just fine in that 30g. Just don't be surprised if you wake up one day and she is 5"