Anthony Calfo's New Book of Coral Propogation

NRehman

Got the new addition of the book a few weeks ago and it's great to have. Propogation is one part. Coral pictures, viability, description, placement and thoughts are very useful (as I found out that my impulse purchase at Mr. Corals yesterday was a deep water non-photosynthetic gorgonian with very specific requirements in order to keep alive)!

Goes well with Eric Borneman's Aquarium Corals book. Recommend it.

I do not have his old book. It was out of print when I started looking for it. This book was supposed to come out in summer and only came in December - hardcover advance ordered copy from the Anthony's publishing venture (www.readingtrees.com). There must be reviews on Amazon or somewhere which would indicate whether it is worth it to upgrade.

Not sure if there is any interest, but I have sent an email to A. Calfo to see if he can do a group buy discount for WAMAS. I think there is valuable information in the book that will benefit WAMAS members. Book is $69.95 including shipping. Will let you know what the result is.

Is there any interest from WAMAS on this?

Not sure if there is any interest, but I have sent an email to A. Calfo to see if he can do a group buy discount for WAMAS. I think there is valuable information in the book that will benefit WAMAS members. Book is $69.95 including shipping. Will let you know what the result is.

Definite interest here ....

Do you have his old book? Is it worth getting the new one if you already have the old one?

I have both, the new one has many more pictures and as a hardback I prefer the proper binding, readability, etc.

Yes - I've been ordering the original book over and over; but everyone who says it is in stock just keeps my money for a while, then sends it back.

bob

(edited)

Anthony will do a group buy price of $57.50 per book delivered when a box of 10 books is ordered. I have now additionally asked him if he will do a group buy price for "Reef Invertebrates" and also a "buy both for $X". And for a subscription price to his magazine "C". Note: He will also sign each book to each purchasers name.

So, if there is continued interest, let me know.

Since this book is a great educational resource, I do not mind putting together a prepaid (paypal) WAMAS group buy. However, I need at least 10 persons firm commitments when the tally is done.

I am creating a new GROUP BUY thread for this so no more replies on a group buy here....

From Anthony Calfo:

And yes... a group buy is doable indeed. Much obliged for the request, my friend. I have intended to make an offer to clubs but just have been busy with the magazine, etc that PR for the new book has been delayed :p

The printer packs are 10 books per box. For club buys I can offer them for $ 575 and free shipping on the box. (the retail priceis 59.95 and I sell them direcly on the website for 69.95 which includes Fedex sevice).)

I'd be honored to sign any that folks/friends may want as well... just send me a list of names to whom y'all want the books inscribed to.

Edited by NRehman