Aquasurf Owners

jamesbuf

For the members out there that use the aquasurf to run their Tunzes, what advantages does it have over the Tunze Multicontroller?? I noticed Craig sell his and go with the aquasurf so I'm very curious.

For the members out there that use the aquasurf to run their Tunzes, what advantages does it have over the Tunze Multicontroller?? I noticed Craig sell his and go with the aquasurf so I'm very curious.

aquasurf is cheaper and integrated with the rest of the controller system.

Plus you get 4 INDEPENDENT controlled devices (instead of 2 INDPENDENT Pairs).

Plus you have micro accuracy on how you program them (in terms of times at high power and low power).

Plus you have the ability to change the time that different programs are running.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Can you give an example of the code you have for yours?? Does it have preprogrammed code installed and you set the time and power settings? I'm defnitely intrigued.

I've only set one mode based on time but you could even do multiple modes say based on temperature (higher temp quicker turbulance... no idea why you would want to but you could).

You can see below I've got 4 devices, 2 slaved together (My 6000s in my 180, and 2 55 nanos in in the 180 and 1 in the 40 gallon they are not slaved (and the one in the 40 runs 30/50...)

Dave

// Ok this section is for the aquasurf users and wow it took me a while to figure this all out, and this
// is a simple program. I'm not doing anything fancy but I'll comment line by line:
// The first statement is just to make sure Tunze Stream 1 is on.
If Time > 00:00 Then TS1 ON
// This next statement assigns Tunze Program One to output #1 from the aquasurf
If Time > 00:00 Then TP1 PF1
// This next statement says that the Program for output #1 is independent (not slaved)... small s, and the
// Intervals are in 10ths of a second (Uppercase D for divide times by 10)
Pmp MODE sD for PF1
// This next statement set's the intensities for output #1: 30% (min recommenced low intensity) for
// intensity 1 and 100% for intensity 2
Pmp Int 030/100 for PF1
// This shows the intensity 1 -> intensity 2-> intensity 1 times for output #1 12 seconds divided by 10 =
// 1.2 seconds for intensity 1 then 1.2 seconds intensity 2 and then 0 seconds intensity 1 and then back to
// the beginning (intensity 1)
Pmp OSC 12/12/00 for PF1
// The next set is for Tunze Stream 2 and is exactly the same except you'll note the capital S in the mode.
// which slaves the output #2 to the output #1 so they are in sync.
// Both tunze streams are at one side of the tank so this produces a wave like flow in one direction
If Time > 23:59 Then TS2 ON
If Time > 00:00 Then TP2 PF2
Pmp MODE SD for PF2
Pmp Int 030/100 for PF2
Pmp OSC 12/12/00 for PF2
// I also have 2 Nano-streams. One provides additional turbulence in the 180 and the others is in the
// 40 gallon tank... The programs are below.
If Time > 00:00 Then NS1 ON
If Time > 00:00 Then NP1 PF3
Pmp MODE sD for PF3
Pmp Int 030/100 for PF3
Pmp OSC 30/20/00 for PF3
If Time > 00:00 Then NP4 PF4
Pmp MODE sD for PF4
Pmp Int 030/060 for PF4
Pmp OSC 30/30/00 for PF4 

That was a very good description. I like the idea of being able to rev up the pumps like in the first few sentences. At this point I think I'm just going to keep with my multicontroller. I think I would definitely get the aquasurf is I didn't already have the multicontroller though. Its just alot more options and controllability for less money. My corals are happy, so no need for change right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you assign timers for this code to work? Can someone paste those? Sorry I am still clueless and I just got the aquasurf... Thank you Dave this makes life alot easier!

TS1 and TP1 are assigned timers in my program above, but PF1 is not.

TS1 is where i have the Tunze Stream plugged in on my DC8 (Not required). TP1 is assigned to the first controller output of the Tunze Stream (E1 in my case I think)... THis is required.

PF1 is just an identifier for what program is running.

Dave

TP1#-E01

TP2#-E02

If Time > 00:00 Then TP1 PF1

Pmp MODE sD for PF1

Pmp Int 030/100 for PF1

Pmp OSC 30/30/30 for PF1

If Time > 00:00 Then TP2 PF2

Pmp MODE SD for PF2

Pmp Int 030/100 for PF2

Pmp OSC 30/30/30 for PF2

I am trying to get it to run two 6101s on either end of my 7' 220 gallon... what am I doing wrong?

Thank you!