What causes microbubbles?

Guest Ocean Arcade

Guest Ocean Arcade

I have added the RO water to my setup now, and I have the salinity at .025. The entire tank however had a general opaque quality I think due to microbubbles. I used 4 tunze pumps to circulate the salt in the main tank (630 gal).

Thoughts?

I will be working on the tank, and hopefully adding sand and rock later this week. PM me if you would like to swing by and check out the tank thus far.

Jeff

Let's assume it's 1.025.

You could have to wait a few hours for it to clear up simply from the mixing process.

You could be pulling bubbles into the main pump which is curning them into smaller and smaller bubbles.

You could have a pin hole leak in the return before or even after the pump which is pulling in air and causing the bubbles. This can happen and you don;t see water on the floor as it will generally show up as salt creep.

I might be interested in a drop by on Wednesday so please PM phone and address.

Merry Christmas.

Another possibility is if your tunzees are within a certain distance from the top of your tank they could form a syphon and syphon some air from the top of the tank. Even if it only does it on occasion it will add a lot of bubbles.

Another possibility is if your tunzees are within a certain distance from the top of your tank they could form a syphon and syphon some air from the top of the tank. Even if it only does it on occasion it will add a lot of bubbles.

Good thought Dave