Euro-Reef

Connor

i was wondering what people think of the euro-reef line of skimmers.

im looking at a Euro-Reef RS-135 Protein Skimmer for my 92 gallon tank. (Its going to be heavy loaded).

Thanks,

Connor

heavily loaded with ? Is it going to be mixed with LPS, SPS and loaded with fishes? If you can provide a list of what you envision to be stocked in your tank, everybody can give a better answer and save you money down the road from upgrading to a new skimmer, which is one of the most important equipment in this hobby.

Try to go up to the RC line instead of RS.

KLee

its going to be pretty much all sps with the exception of a few corals.

im going to have about 6 fish

2 tangs

flame angel

midas blenny

2 clowns maybe

their wont be any more than 7 fish for sure.

Connor

If you plan for SPS dominant tank then I would go to RC product line of Euro-Reef. The disadvantage is it's pretty expensive when you start looking into a good recirculated protein skimmer. Here we have dandy7200 that build recirculated protein skimmer works very nice just like deltec (better Euro-Reef) with a modified mesh wheel from which it created fine bubbles for about half the price or just a little over when comparing to purchase a Euro-Reef. Try to check him out and compare before making a final decision.

I remember someone has told me: "Don't skim on your skimmer!" I made that mistake and had to upgrade twice. So, hopefully, you don't make the same mistake like I did and save some money to stock your fishes, SPS and have most of everything work out right off the bat.

its going to be pretty much all sps with the exception of a few corals.

im going to have about 6 fish

2 tangs

flame angel

midas blenny

2 clowns maybe

their wont be any more than 7 fish for sure.

Connor

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the fish contribute the vast majority of the organics a skimmer is designed to remove. This is a very light stocking list for a 92 no matter how many corals you have unless you're planning to stock very large tangs such as sohal (stay away from corals like leathers that emit some toxic 'slime' stuff, sps don't like it). Also be careful with the flame angel - some will get a taste for your corals. I have a Euro-Reef RS180 on my 120 and it is great but if I had to do it again I'd go with one of Dan's skimmers.

We all normally start out with a few fishes and eventually want to add more and more. With an oversized larger recirculated skimmer, you won't have to worry about gettting a pristine water for your SPS. Connor never mentioned a sohal tang for his 92 gallon. I am assuming he might add more smaller community fishes into his environment.

the two tangs will probably be a powder brown tang and a blue hippo tang. They will deffinatley be the largest fishes in the tank everything else will be fairly small. (2-5 in)

Connor

the two tangs will probably be a powder brown tang and a blue hippo tang. They will deffinatley be the largest fishes in the tank everything else will be fairly small. (2-5 in)

Connor

Connor,

You're already headed into the right direction. Try to get a recirculated protein skimmer instead of the RS-135. Talk to Dandy7200 for an appropriate size skimmer for your tank or Johnny at Blue Ribbon Koi for a Deltec. It's worth your initial investment and never have to worry about the skimming issue later down the road.

HTH,

KLee

• 2 weeks later...

what does everybody think of the aquamedic skimmers. I got a suggestion 2 get one. Ive done a bunch of research on skimmers but still fell like i know nothing about them. :why:

Connor

You get what you pay for. For what you're looking to spend, I would e-mail Dan and see if one of his Greyseas products fit the bill. I've seen a few of his skimmers in action.....he makes a great skimmer.