Neomycin, Furan-2, Triple Sulfa locally?

squiddly

Seems one of my seahorses has internal gas bubble disease. I'm treating her with Diamox right now, but I'm told I also need the above drugs to pull her out of this. I'd like to get them locally rather than try to get them on the web which would take more time.

Any ideas?

Something that I used to do with a seahorse I had (wild caught) that had gas bubbles was put it into a mesh cage and sink this to the bottom of the tank (in my case, a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank) and leave it there for a few days. This added depth and pressure helped it to work the gas bubbles out. You can also lance it to relieve the gas, but this is not an easy thing to do if you've never done it before.

Something that I used to do with a seahorse I had (wild caught) that had gas bubbles was put it into a mesh cage and sink this to the bottom of the tank (in my case, a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank) and leave it there for a few days. This added depth and pressure helped it to work the gas bubbles out. You can also lance it to relieve the gas, but this is not an easy thing to do if you've never done it before.

I wish I had something deep enough to make for a pressure differential for that. *sigh* But then I'd also have to worry about what causes this. If it was a male and this was a pouch issue, I'm told I wouldn't have to use the antibiotics at all.... but since it's a female, I'm told I have to use the antibiotics. I'm doing some more research but darn this gets complicated real fast.

If I saw where the bubble was, I'd lance it, but it's just a generally swollen tail so I have no idea how to deal with that.

Luckily, things are looking better now that I'm giving her diamox.

Go figure, the seahorse I'm treating seems fine, but I lost one of my others to no apparent reason. I am not a happy camper.