Fan worm MIA

FishWife

We have a lovely fan worm that we got when Ryan's tank crashed. He's been doing fine for a couple of weeks in our display... but for the last two days, we haven't seen him...

What should I do if anything? Move him to quarentine tank?

No ideas? :(

My biggest concern is fouling the tank. If that's not a huge issue, I can hang loose. :-)

Everyone else in the tank looks fine.

TIA

Edited by FishWife

No ideas? :(

My biggest concern is fouling the tank. If that's not a huge issue, I can hang loose. :-)

Everyone else in the tank looks fine.

TIA

Unless it's a REALLY big one, I wouldn't stress over it. I had a small-medium sized one that climbed out of its tube, and re-attached itself somewhere it preferred. I've had a medium sized one apparently die; and no damage to the tank.

bob

Unless it's a REALLY big one, I wouldn't stress over it. I had a small-medium sized one that climbed out of its tube, and re-attached itself somewhere it preferred. I've had a medium sized one apparently die; and no damage to the tank.

bob

"REALLY big..." hmmm. the duster is about 2-3" when extended. His tube is 5-6" long and it's maybe 3/8" in diameter. I think he's a pretty mature Hawaiian Fan Worm, from this picture:

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productDeta...103&cid=297

I wouldn't be surprised if it moves... how long did that process take for the one you had that moved?

Edited by FishWife

"REALLY big..." hmmm. the duster is about 2-3" when extended. His tube is 5-6" long and it's maybe 3/8" in diameter. I think he's a pretty mature Hawaiian Fan Worm, from this picture:

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productDeta...103&cid=297

I wouldn't be surprised if it moves... how long did that process take for the one you had that moved?

Not long... the naked worm - without a tube - was spotted the 2nd day after he disappeared. Another couple of weeks, and he had a new tube.

bob