MH bulbs

madmax7774

For what it's worth, I just replaced my XM 250W 10K bulbs. Johnny from BRK uses ushio bulbs on his personalk tank, and I liked the look of them in his tank. I got a set for mine, and WOW what a difference. Ushio bulbs *for me at least* are definately a step up from XM.

John

:)

For supplements, I have 2 48" VHO actinics (110W each). The combination of them, plus the ushio bulbs is stunning. The color on my system seems to "pop" alot more for me. I am just thrilled with the look of the tank. :clap:

The ushios are the exact same bulb as the old XM ones were, just different brand. Single ended Mogul base 10,000K 250W ushio bulbs. Running on a Pair of ARO electronic ballasts. My reflectors have not changed either, everything stayed the same except the bulbs.

:biggrin:

The ushios are the exact same bulb as the old XM ones were, just different brand. Single ended Mogul base 10,000K 250W ushio bulbs. Running on a Pair of ARO electronic ballasts. My reflectors have not changed either, everything stayed the same except the bulbs.

:biggrin:

I also wonder if they would be equally as brilliant on the magnetic ballast? I am about 1 month away from changing bulbs and this might be a good change for me. How did you acclimate the tank to the new bulb?

on my aquacontroller, i broke the light on period down to 2H on 1H off and shortened the duration by 4H. I will gradually increase back to the old schedule over time.

i have no idea about par, I don't bother with that. I have great growth, and thats good enough for me