Looking for Florida LR locally

lancer99

Does anyone know where/if I can get some good-quality Florida "deco"-type LR locally?

Vienna Aquarium had some great-looking pieces, covered with all kinds of critters & macroalgae, but a month later, either it's all been sold, or the green slime has killed all the good stuff :(

Thanks,

-Robert

Does anyone know where/if I can get some good-quality Florida "deco"-type LR locally?

Vienna Aquarium had some great-looking pieces, covered with all kinds of critters & macroalgae, but a month later, either it's all been sold, or the green slime has killed all the good stuff :(

Thanks,

-Robert

Robert,

Not sure where you're located, but Seasave cultures their own on a private lease in FL. It's usually covered in macro, oysters, clams, brain corals, palys, and just about anything else you can think of and maroon and pink coralline. He usually quarantines it to check for mantis shrimp before hand, and John is a straight shooter. They always have TONS of it. www.seasave.net.

Robert,

Not sure where you're located.

Pardon my density.... :blush: Honestly it might be worth the drive.

Brian

It's definitely worth a CALL. They go down to FL themselves to pick it up, and either drive it or fly it back.

So if you are going to make the trip, you want to get there on that day. And I've heard that customers who help unload rock sometimes get discounts :)

QT the rock - whatever was alive on/in it in FL will probably still be alive when you get it home.

ROAD TRIP!!!!

Brian, thanks so much for the tip. That LR is exactly what I'm looking for!

I'm in Falls Church, so it's not exactly "local"... but it gives me another excuse to visit the Aquarium Center. :)

Unfortunately I can't make it up there today for their sale. Does anyone know what their regular price on LR is? ($8/lb on sale)

Thanks!

-Robert

ROAD TRIP!!!!

Brian, thanks so much for the tip. That LR is exactly what I'm looking for!

I'm in Falls Church, so it's not exactly "local"... but it gives me another excuse to visit the Aquarium Center. :)

Unfortunately I can't make it up there today for their sale. Does anyone know what their regular price on LR is? ($8/lb on sale)

Thanks!

-Robert

Seems like it was around $11 last time I was there. Nice stuff, but pricey!

tim

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

Seems like it was around $11 last time I was there. Nice stuff, but pricey!

tim

$9.99 Normally. It's definitely the nicest cultured rock I've seen around here. John is getting ready to expand his business as well, so he'll have multiple stores soon, and at that point he's hoping to make the rock a Seasave exclusive. Give him a call if you have questions he's a good guy to work with. His livestock prices are decent as well.