Ideas for TO reservoir

bigJPDC

Greetings - I am currently using a wrapping paper container, ala Melev, for my TO reservoir. It fits very nicely in my stand side cabinet and does the job. However, I am maxed at capacity at about 8.5 gallons, and I would like to get more like 12-15 at full, to give me at least a week's worth of TO.

What would fit nicely is something about 12x12x30 high, but I am thinking that if I had this fabricated out of acrylic it would be pretty expensive - does anybody have any tips on this size of container? I'll want to put a small bulkhead on it and thread the plumbing line through the stand side into my sump. And then of course a bunch of eletronics to fire up an LED and turn off the ATO if it gets too low, but that's later.

thanks!

jp

Got this from US Plastics: ato_8153.jpg

It's sturdy, and was easy to drill for a bulkhead.

Here's the link to the catalog page. They have the same footprint for a 20 gallon.

Excellent - thank you! Man $50-60 just seems insane to me for this, but then again I dropped $50 on a 7lb piece of white rock at BRK over the weekend.

jp

Excellent - thank you! Man $50-60 just seems insane to me for this, but then again I dropped $50 on a 7lb piece of white rock at BRK over the weekend.

jp

Welcome! It does seem like a lot, but why skimp on something that will be holding 15 gallons of water (or kalk) over your floor?

I know - it sucks that I didn't build that side cabinet another inch wider, I could have plumbed and fit two of those wrapping paper things together in there.

(edited)

Nice! I went to Tractor Supply yesterday, thinking that I would find something like this in teh horse section, but I never throught to check Pet-x. I don't see dimensions here, but I can check them out.

thanks! It looks like I am going to be in the $50 range.

Mogurnda, you have made art out of your TO reservoir.

jp

Edited by bigJPDC