Calcium Supplimentation

bigJPDC

most specifically, this is regarding three candy cane frags, that were poppin huge in my nano, and now not so much in the 65g. I don't know if it's light or flow, but I am inclined to get at least one of them back in the nano this weekend, before something stupid happens to them because I didn't act.

The only parameters that are different are lower dkh and higher temp. It's also water change weekend, so I am going to hit the tank with everything.

thank you rascal for asking.

jp

A decline in ALK has been known to keep coral "tighter". But so has stronger light or placement in relation to flow and light.

In the nano, they might have been "reaching" for the light by expanding larger allowing them to collect more.

How similar are the two systems in regards to light, flow, and chemistry?

Interesting flowerseller, it indeed looks like they are tightened up, you described it perfectly.

Both the 10g and the 65g are lit by T5's. The 10g only has an AC70 stuffed with chaeto for filtration and flow. Both stack up closely in terms of SG, PH and dkh, also measure zero for nitrates.

I'll do water changes on both tanks tomorrow and we'll see where it goes from there.

Hung a $6 Target fan on my canopy - tank temp lowered from 81 to 78.5 at the moment - and my candy canes are all puffed up. There has to be something here - the nano is in my unfinished basement and stays around 77.

jp

Could be something to it or just a temporary difference in the way the animal is responding.

I've never noticed any huge difference with a few degrees cooler in my animals.

I know for me, the hotter it is, the puffier I feel. The cooler it is, my wedding band can move around.

I knew a guy whose wedding band used to slide around to his pocket when he was in a strip club with the a\c turned up. Could be the same thing.

I know for me, the hotter it is, the puffier I feel. The cooler it is, my wedding band can move around.

Chip,

I think I know what the problem might be... The ring belongs on your finger! :lol: