type of skimmer

treesprite

(edited)

ok so does anyone have suggestions? I'm trying really hard to not go too much higher than $150, definately not up to $200. Don't want to go lower than for 100gal capacity - my current combined volumn at max is 83gal. No Seaclones - heard too many bad things. Needs to be no bigger than 6" by 8" at any height to fit in tank or else be HOB.

Edited by treesprite

ok so does anyone have suggestions? I'm trying really hard to stay below $150. Don't want to go lower than for 100gal capacity - my current combined volumn at max is 83gal. No Seaclones - heard too many bad things. Needs to be no bigger than 6w by 8w any height to fit in tank or else be HOB

Aqua-C Remora perhaps? Post in the WTB section - find one used but good from a fellow member?

bob

Aqua-C Remora perhaps? Post in the WTB section - find one used but good from a fellow member?

bob

alreayd done that

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I ended up getting an Odyssea PS160, supposed to get here in the next couple days. I don't know how good it is, but it's got to be a million times better than what I have. Stuff is really cheap at Aquatraders. I also bought a small UV sterilizer from them.

In a couple days I'll be filling the 38g sump/fuge, so I'll have about 2/3rd more water volumn (tank is only 45g). The nitrate problem should be gone within a couple weeks. I have to get some sand in the tank because it's practically bare bottomed right now; I removed the crushed coral a month or two ago because there was no way the problem was going to go away if I didn't do it (BTW, if anyone wants a ton of crushed coral it's still sitting here in plastic garbage bags).

Edited by treesprite

I ended up getting an Odyssea PS160, supposed to get here in the next couple days. I don't know how good it is, but it's got to be a million times better than what I have. Stuff is really cheap at Aquatraders.

I was going to suggest that earlier, there are some folks on RC that have moded their PS75 and PS160 and they are more than happy with their results. Here is a thread that explains the skimmers and the mods. Lenghty reading but well worth the time to maximize the skimmers performance.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...mp;pagenumber=1

Raf

oh good, I didn't make a terrible choice. I'll go look at that webpage later when I'm at home. Thanks