What to do with it?

Mystical Lady

I have a Marineland HEX7 I got from Beemer when she had the tank tour.... its been sitting here in the box.... I want to set it up but am undecided what to place in it...... I was considering a couple of clowns and an anemone but I don't know if the lighting would be suffienct for the anemone........ anyone got suggestions for inhabitants for this little tank??? anyone got one?? pics???

start cycling it and then try and decide what you want- that way you dont need to wait for your tank to cycle when you have decided

i think a pair of clowns might be too many for a 7 i might be wrong though

you could get a couple different gobies?

depends on how much lighting you have. You should also take into account that the anemone will eventually out grow that small of a tank.

too small for a seahorse tank?

only if I wanted to keep Dwarfs.. and that is an option.... I think I would be scared of the Mantis thing....

A pipefish maybe?

Dwarfs almost never start eating frozen food...

Yea, I know... I have the BBS setup... I already use it for 'treats' for my 30G..... Seems Dwarfs are the only thing I will be able to put in it.... I thought SURE a couple of small False Percula clowns and an anemone would be nice but guess not :(

Yea, I know... I have the BBS setup... I already use it for 'treats' for my 30G..... Seems Dwarfs are the only thing I will be able to put in it.... I thought SURE a couple of small False Percula clowns and an anemone would be nice but guess not :(

well i saw this tank at the aquarium- sure it was a lot bigget thank 7gl- but it was COVERED in an anenome with a couple clownfish in it- it was beautiful- would an anemone start to die is not given ample( is that the right word) room?

Guest Bemmer

Hey Mystical Lady,

I see that tank is collecting dust for you too. :biggrin:

I would be concerned about the lighting for an anemone. How about a couple of shrimp gobies and a pistol shrimp. You could get a pair of Yashia gobies and a Randall's tiger shrimp. No lighting issue. It would be fun to watch the shrimp set up the tunnels and the fish swim into them.

Just a thought.

R-

Hey Mystical Lady,

I see that tank is collecting dust for you too. :biggrin:

I would be concerned about the lighting for an anemone. How about a couple of shrimp gobies and a pistol shrimp. You could get a pair of Yashia gobies and a Randall's tiger shrimp. No lighting issue. It would be fun to watch the shrimp set up the tunnels and the fish swim into them.

Just a thought.

R-

cool... thanks Beemer....... that sounds really interesting!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Set up a powerhead pointed sideways to make a whirlpool effect and make a Jellyfish tank. :gho:

(edited)

why not a mantis tank?

why??

Scared of them....... :bluefish:

I ahve decided to make a Dwarf Seahorse tank.... they are arriving this Friday :) I have 2 sexy dancing shrimp, 2 small gobies, and snails so far in the tank so the Dwarfs will have plenty of company :)

pics will soon follow :)

Edited by Mystical Lady

why??

I ahve decided to make a Dwarf Seahorse tank.... they are arriving this Friday :) I have 2 sexy dancing shrimp, 2 small gobies, and snails so far in the tank so the Dwarfs will have plenty of company :)

From where did you order the Dwarf Seahorses? I might be looking for some at some point too.

'Ric

hey i just made the connection that oyou are the same person on seahorse.org

!!!!

im pygmy_Dwarf_hzosterae!! hahaa

i believe she got the dwarves from a common ebay seller- dana - despite i have not personally ordered from him- i would not reccomend him since there haave been recent problems and also i think its ridiculous that the operson promoting him so much had ALL his dwarves die- sooo who knows

i got mine from aqualand-

but i HIGHLY suggest getting CB- another very praised seller is dan from seahorsesource and he has them availabe in fall!

Set up a powerhead pointed sideways to make a whirlpool effect and make a Jellyfish tank. :gho:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :bb: :bb:

hey i just made the connection that oyou are the same person on seahorse.org

!!!!

im pygmy_Dwarf_hzosterae!! hahaa

i believe she got the dwarves from a common ebay seller- dana - despite i have not personally ordered from him- i would not reccomend him since there haave been recent problems and also i think its ridiculous that the operson promoting him so much had ALL his dwarves die- sooo who knows

i got mine from aqualand-

but i HIGHLY suggest getting CB- another very praised seller is dan from seahorsesource and he has them availabe in fall!

yep, that is me....... strange...... I have the same NIC on both forums...........LOL........ anyway, Dana is where I got my horses, like you say, and I won't promote him but the horses are still alive and doing well. One male started having his babies last night....

EXCITING!!!

im waiting impatiently for mine to start pumpin away- i dont think the temperatre is high enough on my fry tan kthat i mived him too-

i have been literally lying down on the floor next to the tank watching and waiting

its day 15..... ONE DAY LATE! im soooo nervouse

EXCITING!!!

im waiting impatiently for mine to start pumpin away- i dont think the temperatre is high enough on my fry tan kthat i mived him too-

i have been literally lying down on the floor next to the tank watching and waiting

its day 15..... ONE DAY LATE! im soooo nervouse

Hey, I sent you a PM.......

why??

thats not going to be over stocked for a 7 gallon?

thats not going to be over stocked for a 7 gallon?

idk about the obies- but the dwarves will have virtually no impact on the bioload since your only getting... i think it was 4 of them right

?