MY 40gl plan!!

very deflated, gaping mouth, "spitting" zooxanthellae, tentacles looking...ragged? (not sure how to describe it...but not pretty)

Of course, deflation and gaping mouth can also happen with a healthy, happy nem too, if they're pooping or something.

k thanks i will keep a look out. how should i isolate if necesary

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow havent posted here in a while!

just wondering, can i get this moved to dedicated forum?

:)

(i will post in it a lot more often)

sooo update

after 10 days in italy whith my dad taking care of the fish

my fish look amazing...

tank.... algae forest!

nothing a little .... lot of cleaning today wont do

SOOOo the green i had earlier suggested about my clownfish... turns out i have a black misbared clown!! :)

cool right?!

I come back and my clown fish look soooo good. they really separated in size, (misbarred smalled) and colored up beautifully..

fire fish is the same, big and strong.

blenny is cute as ever

and my anemone is really happy lookng.. when i moved its rock over when i was doing some cleaning. it then moved its foot underneath the rock which was kinda cool...

corals doing well

umm frogspawn (a new one) hasnt really opened up yet... extends when i feed the tank a bit... should i target feed it more?

i will take pictures later!! before and after for my tank too.. its ewwy right now!

so doing major maintenece on my tank today :)

ttakes forever... so far have found 2 very small gorilla crabs...

and put them in my empty seahorse pico

so in total... i have found (since the start of my tank) 4 gorilla crabs, 1 small mantiis

as far as pests go!

cant wait to finish mytank and new and improved aquascaping... that allows for better circulation !

:clap:

yay cleaning....

:blush: :blush: :blush: .....and spilling a small tupperware of corals!!!! .... :blush: :blush: :blush:

(edited)

eeeeeekkkk

a HUGE bristle worm thing came out of a rock i was cleaning!! it has weird antenna and has these black jaws it opens every once in a while

should i put this back or no...

post-1722-1206984125_thumb.jpg

Edited by toastiireefs

Guest webshout

eeeeeekkkk

a HUGE bristle worm thing came out of a rock i was cleaning!! it has weird antenna and has these black jaws it opens every once in a while

should i put this back or no...

post-1722-1206984125_thumb.jpg

Bristle worms are a good sign. Just be careful not to touch. Spines can hurt for a while. :(

Like a bee sting, I've been told.

Have fun. :gho:

W.

(edited)

AND GUESS WHAT!!!

best news of the day!

i still have a mantis in my tank.....

great...

well i guess its been in there for a long time... might even be the same one as before... just in a differet rock on the opposite side of the tank....

again as way back when.. any takers?

you gotta get it yourself though..

Edited by toastiireefs

I don't know if I could stand 2 weeks without looking at my tank. Did you have fun on your trip? any pics for us from it?

(edited)

yupyupyup

i took a whopping 517 pics in 10days!!

and those are the ones i kept.....

i'll deff. link to some in a bit..

but first!!!!

tank pics!!!

Before

DSCN2618.jpg

Mid way... pile of clean rocks on the left

DSCN2628.jpg

DSCN2631.jpg

DSCN2630.jpg

critters

DSCN2629.jpg

DSCN2636.jpg

AFTER!!!

DSCN2655.jpg

DSCN2653.jpg

Clowns playing in a walking nem :)

DSCN2656.jpg

EDIT!

Good new

not a mantis... at least what i thought was a mantis, wasnt one.. it was a crab in a rock that i now must eradicate...

but can a crab in a rock clearing out stuff make a clicking sound also

Edited by toastiireefs

ummm sooo apparently the nem didnt like its new spot, and it moved... across the sand... into a corner of the tank, on the glass...

hmm

im not sure what to think.. it doesnt look bad.. but i don think its really supposed to be there

umm soo the nem is happy there apparently... but i don't like it there.. however i think i'm just gonna live with it.. ah well

• 2 weeks later...

SO somehow my tank flooded last night... not really sure how approx 3gls of water got out of the sump or the tank... if that was the issue.

nem movd somewhere else

annnd i think i have a mantis somewhere but i don knwo

everything was ok... except that.. umm there was consruction paper on my floor... that when it got wet it stained the floor.. s my mom is a little pissed....

i think right now that my algae issue is that my tank is close to a window... because the algae stayed away for the longet time when i had the black construction paper up against the exposed sides... but when it fell off now i have algae....

so that kinda makes me feel better.. we just need to get dark shades/blinds/curtains in now

ummm

anemone is looking really pretty

OH and i know its lame... but i named my clownfish Orange Juice (O.J) and Blackbarry.

and yes it is blackbarry not blackberry. lol... because its a he fish and berry sounds a little feminine to me lol

but blackbarry is now half black still with some orange on him. hes soo cute :)

my tail spot is gettting a little aggressive... as in getting frisky with the nem... im worried shes gonna get stung and eaten... because she keeps getting realy close. but the clowns are trying to keep her out..

--- on another note my mom keeps saying i should get more (bigger) seahorses.. instead of dwarf seahorrses... so i might do that again. i'll prolly get a pair of kuda or erectus.. in a 20gl tank :) but idk.. they are a lot of work. and i really want to be able to take care of them right.. so back to the drawing board.. aka seahorse.org lol and do more research

so i am soo excited for the social tomorrow!!!!

cant wait to bring home a gajillion $ worth of everything !!!!

(i put some money away for this event tomorrow!! :) )

a perfect event to have after the SAT !

Awesome job in getting your tank cleaned back up! Do you have any turbo snails? Look for some Mexican Turbo snails tomorrow and add a couple of them to your tank. I swear, if I could figure out how to keep them alive in the yard, I'd never have to mow it again.

They are like really efficient mowers for algae and will keep it munched down for you.

phew 100$ + a clownfish book worth of stuff brought home today

brain coral,

6-line wrasse

blue montipora frag

6 TURBO snails (massive ones)

some SPS from Dbartco... cant remember all the names lol. i know he said a green pavona. and a ...green slimer i believe he said lol... if you want to chime in and jog y memory!! :)

pictures are deff gonna happen :)

It was great meeting who I met today!!

(edited)

lol i just started taking them!!!

they will be uploaded shortly

hopefully

i manage to spill a bucket of corals on a daily basis as it now seemss...

also i think my sixline thinks its a clownfish....

it keeps wanting to join the "hosting" party in the nem.... came litterally up to the anemone... clowns did nothing..

i think it has already gotten a bit stung...

(and i think i got a reaction to something... glue or idk.. part of my fingrer started to swell.... acclimation days are difficult

Edited by toastiireefs

Awesome looking specimans!

Your RBTA really looks great too! :clap:

thank yu thank you!!!

my RBTA is doing AMAZING!! (there it was a little shriviled... since i had been messing with the tank and took it out of the water, and then had powerhead aimed at it.. its had a tough day...)

but i was worried because the clowns hosted in it and itts soo little.. and they realy beat it up... but not really because its sooo happy... and i feed it like craazy... not trealy... some mysis every day or every couple days...

but its getting big and pretty

• 3 weeks later...

MORE PICTURES

!!!

Before

DSCN2805.jpg

after another big cleanup

DSCN2822.jpg

DSCN2828.jpg

DSCN2823.jpg

DSCN2824.jpg

DSCN2825.jpg

DSCN2798.jpg

DSCN2785.jpg

DSCN2766.jpg

DSCN2765.jpg

DSCN2788.jpg

DSCN2795.jpg

DSCN2804.jpg

DSCN2802.jpg

i rearragned the rockwork--- again

i like this a lot better now (second pic it might look funny in the pic but in person its really nice) still geting hit by algae bad--

ummm im gonna pick up about 30 astrea snail-- cuz i currently have 1 turbo and 1 astrea- and unfortunately they arent doing the job

as mike h suggests i should get a phosphate reactor---- which i will prolly do next month or so

thats all for now

looks great without all that algae

• 2 weeks later...

so this morning i found my beautiful brain coral 90% bleached.....

this really bumms me out

all my other corals look perfectly normal-- so like aaahh

im gonna do a water change right now gr--

i also think the last time i scrubbed my tank down- i removed a lot of the bacteria from the rock and started a new cycle but like my corals looked fine until i saw the brain-- idk

OH an mr ousnakebyte...... you gave me an aptasia....... thank you :)

( but thank you seriously for those zoas.... just not the aptasia... should i kalk it?)

kalk it right in the mouth and it will die. took care of the two I had pop up that way and now i've moved on to the doo doo brown zoas growing on my rocks...