Help me spend some money on lens

dhoch

Ok, so I've got about a grand to spend, and I want do get some new lens' for my D70.

I've got currently a Tamron 28-300 F3.5 Zoom (I like this for "snaps" of friends, and family mostly for flexibilty...not great but ok for tank photography) http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/28300_di.asp

I've also got a Tamron 90mm 2.8 Macro (Great for tank photography + Macros)... http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/90mm.asp

I'm looking at another Tamron: SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) (I think Chris mentioned this lens to me)...

Others I should consider? A 2nd lens that might be a good compliment to what I allready have?

Thanks,

Dave

Hey Dave, that's the one I have. I love it, but then again, I don't have anything to compare it to. I did buy a Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8 a few weeks ago and tried it out, but I returned it as it was over $1000 and I didn't see myself using it enough to justify that price. I did find that my picture taking was much sharper with the 28-75, but I didn't use a tripod with the telephoto and I also am not sure of all of the functions on the camera yet.

I have never used Tamron so I can't comment on those.

I prefer the Sigma 24-70mm 2.8 EX DG. Costs about $430 and it is a fast lens. Have you tried out the Sigma macro lens yet? They also have a new a new telephoto lens. I think it is 70-200 not sure how good it is though. I own the Nikon 80-200mm 2.8.

If you want to get some REALLY GOOD glass, check out the 17-55mm 2.8 Nikon I think it costs about $1200.

• 2 months later...