Bubble count on the CA stop help!

Tri Bui

My Bubble count on the Calcium reactor stop! I have to play with the dial every times to make it go again and it would stop after awhile please help any advices.

I already check the CO2 still full and the serinol still working but the bubble keep stop! which I have to play with the dial to make it going again and after awhile it would stop again. I don't know what going on?

If you do please advice!

Thanks

sounds like bad regulator. I have had a few cheaper regulators do similar things over years. I would set with needle valve and come back 6 hours later to find it stopped. Didn't help to add more pressure.

I ended up paying estra and got one of these: aquariumplants.com

FEATURES/FUNCTIONS:

Industrial "bullet proof" regulator chassis

Dual Guage (tank volume & flow pressure)

Fully adjustable flow (others have a "fixed" flow)

Finest, most precise "Laboratory grade" needle valve (80 threads per inch)(Clippard)(made in USA)

Brass top quality "Laboratory grade" check valve (Clippard)(made in USA)

German built (Burkert) electric solenoid (tested to 10 million cycles)

Bubble counter site guage

Low profile: 1.5" higher than tank valve

Fully tested & calibrated

3 year FULL warranty

Hand assembled in USA

I have had a bunch of problems with my Milwaukee. Took about a full month to get it dialed in. Spent a lot of money on Bi-Ionic in the meantime and still had some pretty unpleasant Alk dips. :(

What seems to work for a lot of people is to turn up the pressure on the regulator to about 35 or so, and this stabilizes the bubble count. This didn't work for me, though. The company's recommendation is to lower the pressure all the way, then open up the needle valve all the way, then raise the pressure on the regulator just enough for the bubbles to start boiling, then use the needle valve to control the flow precisely. The last time I tried this it seemed to work, then I came home that night and, instead of being stopped again, the bubbles were now flying through the bubble counter. I basically dumped a ton of CO2 into my tank over the course of 6 hours. Luckily nothing lost. Funny thing was, I just closed the needle valve enough to get the bubble count I wanted, without touching the regulator, and I haven't had to touch it since. That was almost 1 month ago.

Next time I have to change tanks I think I am just going to spring for the better regulator. Seems there are just too many problems with the Milwaukees and JBJs. In the meantime, the only advice I could give based on my experience is (1) keep experimenting until you find what works; and (2) maybe put a PH controller on your system if you don't have one already.

Agree with Craig, and have had the same experience as you, Don. I bought the one craig linked and have had no problems.

Thank guys, yes mine is a Milwaukee too, piece of cra!@#$%^, thank Craig I will get the one on the link, I just refill my tank will play with it until the tank went out then I will replace the regulator at the same time.

Thanks

I have used mine for 1+ year and have had 0 issues with it. Constant steady flow of bubbles. I do a daily visual inspection of bubble flow/count and every few weeks do actual count of bubbles/min and also check effluent drip rate and test PH & alk of effluent drip.

I bought 2 of the cheaper regulators in past only to have them work a little over a year and then begin above process of failing and me playing all time with pressure and needle valve. Now with new one, it's been set and forget it.

Just my .02 - but I think the linked co. really put effort into building one that will last and work and so far the claims made on their website have been backed by product performance for me.

(edited)

Thank Craig good to heard from the actual user. I will look in to it once my Co2 is empty.

Thanks

Edited by Tri Bui